Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for students from Germany

Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representative for Germany, learn about our entry requirements, and sign up to keep in touch with us.


Welcome to NTU

Hello, my name’s Chloe Tiozzo and I’m the NTU Representative for Germany. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Germany so we can arrange to meet if you wish.

Useful links

European students

Our European Community

We have a thriving European community here at NTU. Meet our students from all over Europe, and find answers to frequently asked questions about funding and Brexit.

BAföG Funding

The BAföG is the main German state-sponsored student support scheme. The aim of the BAföG is to give all young people the opportunity, regardless of their social and economic situation, to complete further education that corresponds to their abilities and interests. In order to apply you will need to complete an application form which can be found on their website.

Meet our students

Entry requirements

Your qualificationYou could study
Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife (Abitur) or The Fachhochschulreife

Offers for undergraduate courses are made depending on the entry criteria of your chosen course. These will be stated in UCAS Tariff points.

As a guide we would look for:

  • 1.5 for courses which require 136 UCAS points.
  • 1.8 for courses which require 128 UCAS points
  • 2.1 for courses which require 120 UCAS points
  • 2.4 for courses which require 112 UCAS points
  • 2.7 for courses which require 104 UCAS points
  • 3 for courses which require 96 UCAS points.
  • 3.5 for courses which require 88 UCAS points.
  • 4 for courses which require 80 UCAS points.
Berufsakademien Diplom (Diplom - BA) or the Zwischenzeugnis/VordiplomHolders may be considered for advanced entry to undergraduate programme.
Bachelor Degree /
Diplom / Magister Artium (pre 2002)
First State Examination / Erstes Staatsexamen (pre 2002)
  • 2.i = Gut
  • 2.ii = Befriedigend
Magister Artium / Diplom (Post 2002)
Master’s degree
Erstes Staatsexamen (Jura / Sekundarstufe II / Sonderpädagogische Lehrämter) (Post 2002)
Entry for Research Degree / PhD / Doctoral School:

A good grade is required for entry onto our research degrees.

If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.

English language requirements

To meet the University's English language entry requirements you will need one of the following:

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.

Still need help?

International Development Office
+44 (0) 115 848 8175