Skip to content

Consumer information and terms

We recommend you take the opportunity to read the NTU Student Charter and the Student Handbook.

If you have any questions you can contact us at

See the US Federal Student Aid section and the US government’s US Federal Student Aid website for information on Title IV US Financial Aid, including information on:

  • terms and conditions of Title IV, HEA loans
  • criteria for selecting recipients and for determining award amount
  • eligibility requirements and procedures for applying aid
  • methods of frequency of disbursements of aid
  • rights and responsibilities of students receiving Title IV assistance
  • SAP requirements
  • loan terms including a sample repayment schedule and necessity for repaying the loan
  • enrolment on study abroad programmes and the impact on applying for financial aid
  • exit Counselling information the University collects and provides to servicers
  • student loan information published by the US Department of Education.

You can find further details regarding your rights under the Family Educational Rights and privacy Act (FERPA) from the US Department of Education:

Please be aware that as part of a signed Master Promissory Note, required to receive Federal funding, privacy rights are waived by the signatory (either a prospective/current student, or the parent of a student) for all agencies involved in US Federal Student Aid (Direct Loan) processing.

As such, information relating specifically to your Title IV Loan will be shared with the US Department of Education, Western Union and the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Your data may also be viewed by an external contracted auditor to ensure administrative compliance with Department of Education criteria.

Where a loan agreement is made between the University and a prospective student, current student or parent of a student, loan information submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders and schools to be authorised users of the data system.

Right to review educational records, Privacy and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Information regarding on how applicant and student data is held and processed, please see the University’s Information Governance webpages

Disability Support

If you are a student with a physical or mental disability, specified learning difficulty or ongoing health difficulty, you may be eligible to access additional support whilst studying at Nottingham Trent University. Further details can be found on our Disability Services and Wellbeing Services webpages.

Price of Attendance

  • Information on Scholarships and tuition fees can be found on our International webpages
  • Information on accommodation options can be found on our Accommodation webpages
  • Cost of living information can be found on our Managing your money webpages
  • Reading lists can be obtained directly from your School, as each course team set their own reading list and provide guidance on any required textbooks or materials. For further information we would recommend contacting your Academic School directly, or the NTU Switchboard on +44 (0)115 941 8418.
  • Information on local transport can be found on our Travel webpage

Refund Policy

Information on our fee payment and refund policies can be found on our fee payment conditions pages.

Requirements for Withdrawal

Information on the University’s withdrawal process can be found in the Student Handbook.

The US Department of Education requires that a student's leave of absence, together with any additional leaves of absence, must not exceed a total of 180 days in any 12 month period.  If a student is granted leave of absence by the University that does not meet this condition and exceeds 180 days in any 12 month period, the University is required to report the student as withdrawn to the US Department of Education for Title IV purposes.

Return of Title IV Financial Aid

If you withdraw from your course (or become ineligible for funding) prior to the end of your loan period, the University is required to make a Return of Title IV Financial Aid calculation (R2T4) to determine the amount of loan has been ‘earned’; and the amount of loan that has been ‘unearned’.

All unearned income attributed to institutional charges must be returned to the US Department of Education by the University.

You can download the University’s Return of Title IV Refunds policy for further information.

Academic Programmes

Information on current courses can be found in our Study and Courses section.

Accrediting Agencies

Higher learning institutions that are officially recognised in the UK are called either 'recognised' or 'listed' bodies. Recognised bodies are higher learning institutions that can award degrees. Nottingham Trent University is a recognised body. Further information can be found in Governance.

Still need help?

+44 (0)115 941 8418