What will you get out of it?
As well as the skills to become an effective leader, successful applicants will get access to valuable events and opportunities including:
- a bespoke welcome event to connect with fellow participants and the chance to gain insight onto the programme
- various workshops designed to develop a sense of belonging, empowerment and community
- sessions to reflect on progress, accomplishments of personal and professional development
- The opportunity to network with peers, leaders and employers as well as the provision of a skilled mentor throughout the programme
- an independent employability learning module
- opportunities to take part in extra-curricular activities for social and personal development
- a celebration event to recognise your achievements.
You will also receive a letter of achievement signed by the Vice-Chancellor of Nottingham Trent University to acknowledge your participation in the programme.
How do I apply?
Applications are welcome from second year black-heritage undergraduate students who are interested in gaining confidence and becoming resilient leaders. The selection panel will recruit students from each academic school.
Applications are now open. Fill in our online form to apply now.
Estimated time commitment: three hours per week.
Check out the highlights from last year's Black Leadership Programme.
Need more information?
Email the Black Leadership Programme team if you have questions or would like more information.