Support for international students
We're committed to giving our international students the tailored support they need — from advice on settling in to Nottingham life, to practical support with visa issues. We want to make sure you’ve got the time, space and confidence to make the most of your studies here.
What does it mean to be an international student?
- the application and renewal process for student visas, and your CAS number
- the process for inviting friends and family to visit you in the UK, whether it’s during your studies, or at graduation time
- the rules on employment for international students, if you’re thinking of applying for casual work in the UK
- advice on travelling outside of the UK as an international student, and the regulations you’ll need to know about
- settling in and staying safe and in control — whether that’s opening a UK bank account, or registering with the local police
- your entitlement to NHS healthcare, plus how and where to register
- NTU’s programme of Welcome Week events and activities, which will help you to explore the city, meet new people, and settle in
- the extracurricular opportunities that are available to all NTU students, from volunteering to joining a society through the Students' Union
- meeting the academic challenge of studying abroad, through our Study Support provision.
We also run welcome events at the start of the academic year, in order to introduce our international students to the service, and help them to settle in to life in Nottingham and at NTU. We offer information sessions throughout the year for students who need to extend their visas to remain in the UK to study, as well as one-to-one appointments for students in more complex situations. Additionally, we also offer a range of useful guidance notes to answer many of the questions that international students may have.
For more information visit our International Student Support pages.
We run a dedicated international students' welcome event as well as welcome talks and social events during Welcome Week. Check the Welcome Week guide and our website for more information, and make sure you join in!
HOST is a scheme that can ease your transition into British culture, where you can apply to spend a day or a weekend with a UK family.