Architecture, Built Environment and Planning
Research in this field brings together academics from Architecture, Construction, Real Estate, Product Design and Civil Engineering.
The key areas of strategic emphases are:
- Global heritage
- Sustainable futures
- Mortgage markets and real estate finance
- Digital architecture
- Lean processes in construction.
Groups and Centres
- Innovative and Sustainable Built Environment Technologies (iSBET) research group investigates the technical, economic, management and application related performance of a range of sustainable and innovative technologies in the built environment field. Our two key research areas are Sustainable Technologies and District Heating.
- Lean Project Management (LMP) research group focuses on step change improvement in the design, construction, maintenance and operation of the built environment by adapting Lean Production philosophies and technologies. Research is undertaken within the delivery of projects, programmes and portfolios of work specialising in the identification, development and utilisation of creativity within effective and efficient collaborative systems.
- Real Estate Economics Investment and Development (REEID) research group at NTU is internationally recognised and undertakes world-class analyses of real estate markets and urban development. Our areas of research interest include:
- commercial real estate market analysis and forecasting
- analysis of housing markets and housing policy
- mortgage markets
- real estate financing mechanisms
- property, planning and development
Impact case studies linked to this include: