The School of Social Sciences offers a number of competitive scholarships for our full-time and part-time Masters courses, these include:
- MA Social Work bursaries
- School of Social Sciences Masters Scholarships (for Home / EU and International students) - see below for further information
- Nottingham Trent University International Scholarship Scheme.
MA Social Work bursaries
The School of Social Sciences is delighted to announce the availability of a limited number of half fee bursaries for students who enrol on the MA Social Work in January 2014. For further details please email us.
Find out more about our MA Social Work.
The scheme is not applicable to sponsored students (either partially or fully).
Masters scholarships to help fund your studies
The School of Social Sciences is delighted to offer a number of competitive scholarships worth up to the value of half the tuition fee as part of our Masters Scholarship Scheme for courses starting in September 2014.
How to apply
For further information and to apply please download the application form below, which includes guidance notes.
What courses are included in the scheme?
The following full-time and part-time courses are included in the scholarship scheme:
- MSc Psychology
- MSc Applied Child Psychology
- MSc Forensic Psychology
- MSc Psychological Research Methods
- MRes Psychological Research Methods
- MSc Forensic Mental Health
- MSc Psychological Well-Being and Mental Health
- MA Politics
- MA International Relations
- MA Sociology
- MA Criminology
- MA Public Health
Scholarship application deadlines
- 30 April 2014 - UK, EU and International students
- 30 June 2014 - International students only
- 30 July 2014 - UK and EU students only
Scholarship applications received before 4 pm GMT on 30 April will be assessed and successful applicants will be notified of their scholarship award by 21 May 2014.
Scholarship applications received from International students after 4 pm GMT on 30 April and before 4 pm GMT on 30 June will be assessed and successful applicants will be notified of their scholarship award by 21 July 2014.
Applications received from UK and EU students after 4 pm GMT on 30 April and before 4 pm GMT on 30 July will be assessed and successful applicants will be notified of their scholarship award by 20 August 2014.
A number of bursaries are available for research projects from the University.
NTU fee reduction scheme for current students
If you are an existing NTU undergraduate student studying at the City site, Clifton campus or Brackenhurst campus and you choose to study any of the full-time Masters courses within Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Law School or the School of Social Sciences, you will automatically receive a 10% fee reduction off your course fee.
- You do not need to apply for the discount as it will automatically be deducted from your fee before enrolment.
- You can also apply for a Masters Scholarship, however the total maximum award will not exceed half the total course fee.
- The scheme is not applicable to sponsored students (either partially or fully) and applies to 2014 entry only.
- The scheme applies only to students who progress directly onto a Masters course (i.e students who graduate in summer 2014 must start their Masters course in autumn 2014 to qualify for the progression discount).
Postgrad Solutions is offering ten bursaries of £500 each to students from anywhere in the world. Visit the Postgrad Solutions website for further details.