Bursaries and scholarships
If you’re a UK home undergraduate student, you’re probably entitled to a loan for your tuition fees and a loan for living costs if you are studying full time, but are you eligible for any extra support? Read our guide below carefully so you don’t miss out.
NTU Bursaries for 2021 entry
We will be awarding a cash bursary of £750 per year to eligible full-time UK home undergraduate degree or foundation degree students who start their studies at NTU in 2021.
This £750 cash award to supplement living costs will be paid to eligible students who:
- are paying the maximum home tuition fee for their full-time undergraduate degree or foundation degree course
- have a household income of £25,000 per year or less (as assessed by their UK national Student Finance Service)
- are eligible to receive a Tuition Fee Loan and a Maintenance Loan from their UK National Student Finance Service.
This bursary will be paid in each year of your course (except during any year-long work placement as part of a sandwich degree). Full terms and conditions will be made available on our website.
How do I apply?
There’s no separate application process to apply for an NTU Bursary. Your eligibility will be automatically assessed as long as you’ve applied and are eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan and a Maintenance Loan from your national Student Finance Service.
We should automatically receive confirmation of your eligibility provided that you haven’t withdrawn consent to share financial information with the University for the purposes of assessing bursary entitlement.
How will I know if I'm eligible?
If we award you a bursary, you’ll receive written confirmation from us.
You should receive your letter between September and November. Contact us on +44 (0)115 848 2494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you meet the bursary eligibility criteria, but haven’t received the letter by November.
Undergraduate scholarships for international or EU students
Are you an international or EU student? Find out more about our scholarships for international and EU students.
Our scholarships for Undergraduate courses starting in September 2021 will be announced shortly.
NTU Care Leavers and Foyer Resident Bursary
The University will be awarding an NTU Care Leaver Bursary of £1,000 to help towards living costs to eligible students who start their studies at NTU in 2021 and:
- have been in the care of a local authority in the UK (or have been looked after by relatives who have a court order to look after you in the UK) at some point since the age of 16; or
- have been a Foyer resident in the UK; and
- are under 25 on 1 September 2021; and
- are enrolled on a full-time undergraduate degree course or foundation degree course commencing in 2021
The NTU Care Leaver and Foyer Resident Bursary will be available for each year of full-time study, subject to meeting the terms and conditions.
Further information can be found in the NTU Care Leavers and Foyer Residence Bursary guidance notes.
Applications will open in the Spring of 2021. In the meantime, if you have any queries, you can contact email@example.com.
Visit our support for care leavers page for more information about other support.
NTU Estranged Student Bursary
The University will be awarding an NTU Estranged Student Bursary of £1000 to help towards living costs to eligible students who start their studies at NTU in 2021 and:
- have been financially assessed by their UK national Student Finance Service as an independent student on the grounds of estrangement from their parents (or have been financially assessed by their UK national Student Finance Service as independent on grounds other than estrangement, but can demonstrate that they are estranged from their parents); and
- are under 25 on 1 September 2021; and
- are enrolled on a full-time undergraduate degree course or foundation degree course commencing in 2021.
The NTU Estranged Student Bursary will be available for each year of full-time study, subject to continued eligibility.
Applications will be open in the Spring of 2021, in the meantime, if you have any queries, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our support for estranged students for more information about other support.
If you’re studying Teacher Training or Social Work, you may be able to apply for a special bursary. Visit our Student Services page for more information.
NTU Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarships
The University will offer two NTU Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarships for undergraduate entry in September 2021. These will be for new students from an asylum-seeking background who do not have access to Student Finance from the UK government. Scholarship recipients will each be awarded a full tuition fee waiver and a £3,000 bursary award towards course and travel costs for each year of their academic course.
The NTU Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarship will be available for each year of full-time study, subject to continued eligibility.
Applications for 2021 Entry will open in the Spring of 2021. In the meantime, if you have any queries, you can contact email@example.com.
We offer a number of scholarship awards each year to student athletes from a range of different sports. Visit our sports scholarships page for more information.
We also offer several scholarships to cover the cost of music tuition. Any student who is or will be studying at NTU can apply, and you can visit our music page for more information.
Visit our international student pages for information about our scholarships for international and EU students.
Visit our Student Services pages to find out about the Discretionary Hardship Fund, Trusts and Charities which help students having financial difficulty, and other hardship funds.
If you have any further questions, please call +44 (0)115 848 2494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the Student Financial Support Service.