Each recipient of the scholarship will receive a full tuition fee waiver and a £3,000 bursary for course/living costs, for each academic year of their course.
In order to be considered for a NTU Sanctuary Scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- you have been granted and currently have discretionary or limited leave to remain or some other temporary leave following an asylum application made in the UK,
- you are an asylum seeker (or the dependant* of an asylum seeker and included on the asylum application)* and can evidence your current immigration status as an asylum seeker (or dependant of an asylum seeker) and have an active asylum claim with UK Home Office; and
- you are not able to access Student Finance from the UK government (student loans and grants) because of your immigration status in the UK; and
- you have a firm unconditional or firm conditional offer of a place to study a full-time undergraduate degree or foundation degree course at Nottingham Trent University commencing in September 2023; and
- you have not already obtained a degree or degree equivalent qualification; and
- you can demonstrate that you will have sufficient funds to cover your living expenses and accommodation costs during your studies.
* Please note: Spouses/civil partners must have been the spouse/civil partner on the date which the asylum application was made. Children must have been aged under 18 on the date on which the asylum application was made.
Please refer to the NTU Sanctuary Scholarship Guidance Notes for further information about the application process.