NTU offers a number of scholarship awards each year to high-performing student athletes from a range of different sports for undergraduate and postgraduate study. Each award is tailored to the needs of the athlete to ensure that everything is put in place to help them to achieve both academic and sporting success while at NTU.
Our sport scholars receive support including:
- Complimentary NTU gym membership and sports club membership
- Small group strength and conditioning training
- Sports nutrition
- Sports psychology
- Performance lifestyle support
- Sport scholar kit
- Support with academic flexibility
- Potential bursary or fee reduction
NTU sport scholarships are awarded on a case by case basis, priority is given to individual's whose sport features within the British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) programme.
To qualify for a sport scholarship, you must:
- Be currently enrolled on an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course at NTU, or in the process of applying to become an NTU student for the next academic year
- Compete at a regional, national or international standard in your sport or show evidence of significant future sporting potential
How to apply
Applications for 2023/24 entry are now open!
To apply to become an NTU Sport Scholar, please complete the following form: Nottingham Trent University Sport Scholarship Application 2023-24
Returning Scholars, please complete the following form: NTU Sport Returning Scholar Application Form 2023-2024
If you have any questions regarding our sport scholarship programme, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)115 848 3467.
Advice for applicants
When applying for a sport scholarship at NTU please be aware of the following:
- Experience level is not a guarantee of a successful application
- Sport scholars must compete for NTU in all competitions and attend all club training sessions
- If you are unsuccessful in your application the first time around you can apply again in the succeeding academic years
- A sport scholarship is valid for one academic year only; sport scholars must reapply if they wish to continue to receive support