NTU offers a number of scholarship awards each year to high-performing student athletes from a range of different sports for undergraduate and postgraduate study. Each award is tailored to the needs of the athlete to ensure that everything is put in place to help them to achieve both academic and sporting success while at NTU.
Our sport scholars receive support including:
- Complimentary NTU gym membership and sports club membership
- Small group strength and conditioning training
- Sports nutrition
- Sports psychology
- Performance lifestyle support
- Sport scholar kit
- Support with academic flexibility
- Potential bursary or fee reduction
NTU sport scholarships are awarded on a case by case basis, priority is given to individual's whose sport features within the British University and Colleges Sport (BUCS) programme.
To qualify for a sport scholarship, you must:
- Be currently enrolled on an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course at NTU, or in the process of applying to become an NTU student for the next academic year
- Compete at a county, regional or international standard in your sport or show evidence of significant future sporting potential
How to apply
Please note that we are no longer taking scholarship applications for 2018/19 however we welcome applications for 2019/20.
All applications are dealt with on a case-by-case basis, so please make sure that you include as much relevant information as you can.
Need help with your application?
If you have any questions regarding our sport scholarship programme please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)115 848 3467.
Advice for applicants
When applying for a sport scholarship at NTU please remember to consider the following:
- Experience level is not a guarantee of a successful application
- Sport scholars must compete for NTU in all competitions and attend all club training sessions
- If you are unsuccessful in your application the first time around this you can apply again in the succeeding academic years
- A sport scholarship is valid for one academic year only; sport scholars must reapply if they wish to continue to receive support