At NTU, we're as committed to providing sport and fitness opportunities to our valued members of staff. We've created a timetable of sports sessions that allows you to have fun, unwind, socialise and keep fit around your work schedule. So why not step away from your desk and come along for a game today?
Did you know all members of staff have the chance to take part organised sports sessions every weekday lunchtime? You don't need to book, just turn up and play. The sessions are free for staff members with an Active Membership, or £2 for non-members.
NTU Active membership
As a member of staff, you can take advantage of NTU Active membership giving you access to the City Sports Centre and Lee Westwood Sports Centre at Clifton for just £9.99 a month (off peak 7 am - 3 pm Monday - Friday and all weekend), or £13.99 a month for peak membership.
Payment is made through the My Benefits scheme.
- unlimited use of all NTU gyms and sports facilities
- unlimited access to fitness classes and blast sessions with priority booking
- free gym induction
- discounted fitness packages
- discounted access to the University of Nottingham’s casual swim sessions for only £2 per visit
- free hire of our courts
- free access to Play For Fun sessions
NEW Staff Squash League
The termly squash league is back and completely free for NTU staff members. If you would like to take part or require any additional information, email us.
- All abilities welcome as you will be matched to a league with others of a similar standard
- Equipment such as racquets and balls provided
- Weekly emails with league tables updates and scores included.
A fixture list is provided at the start of the league, with each fixture needing to be played by a certain date. Once the league fixtures have been played, the top two from each group will progress to knockout stages, with a semi-final and final to be played.