Classes and Timetables
Whatever your motivation and no matter how busy your schedule is, you'll find a fitness or sports classes at NTU that fits you.
Term 1 Timetable - 20 September-10 December 2021
Our Online Classes are free to all NTU students and staff members.
To join our online classes you will need to request to join our Microsoft Teams page to gain access. Once you have joined the teams page, you can join a class simply by clicking on the class title.
All classes are streamed live and can be done in the comfort of your own home. Download our quick guide to help you book a virtual class.
Term 1 Timetable - 20 September - 10 December 2021
|Class||Day||Start Time||End Time||Instructor|
Types of class
Core stability and flexibility classes, also known as holistic workouts will aim to improve flexibility, core strength and body conditioning. Expect to flatten your abs, strengthen muscles and improve posture with one of these popular classes.
- Fitness Yoga: A modern yoga style that suits all, without the spiritual experience or references of Yoga names or references.
- Pilates: A series of slow, flowing movements designed to tone, lengthen and strengthen. Focusing on developing a strong core - you’ll feel relaxed and centred after this total body workout.
- Tai Chi: An ancient Chinese art form practiced for defence training and health benefits. This fitness class is an all over body workout and is also great for rehabilitation from sports injury, for enhancing energy levels and for supporting stress management. The exercises will build core body strength and resilience, realign posture and aid balance and breathing.
- Yoga: Practice the traditional art of Yoga to relax your mind, body and spirit. Through performing a series of physical postures, breathing exercises and relaxation, Yoga can help reduce stress and improve flexibility, posture and body strength.
Cardio classes will get your heart pumping and the sweat pouring! Guaranteed to leave you glowing afterwards, these classes will work towards weight loss and improved fitness.
- Aerobics: A high energy and fun fitness class where you will perform a range of aerobic moves shown to you by our motivational instructors. This upbeat class will ensure you are boosting your fitness, getting a top workout and having a great time.
- Boot Camp: A whole body workout work out for all levels incorporating circuits, agility drills and core stability training
- Circuits: A multi-station workout for all incorporating strength work, agility drills and core stability training.
- Spin: Studio cycling performed on a static bike and delivered in a highly motivating environment. An excellent all body work-out, which builds leg strength and works you at optimum fat-burning intensity, which means you are guaranteed to burn calories!
- HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training alternates periods of short, intense exercise with recovery periods, and is great for muscular endurance and cardiovascular fitness.
Move to the music, bounce to the beat and roll with the rhythm in our dance-based classes. These classes are tremendously fun, energising workouts that tone your entire body as you dance your way to a fitter, healthier lifestyle.
- Zumba: Fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness programme. This class features interval training where fast and slow rhythms and resistance training are combined to tone and sculpt your body while burning fat.
- Ballet Fitness: This is a combination class with 3 main components the first being strength conditioning followed by a short lyrical dance routine and finishing with cool down stretches to sooth the body. A fun filled workout to get the whole body moving. Targeting the legs, core and mind.
- Zumba Toning: This class combines targeted body-sculpting exercises and high-energy cardio work with Latin-infused moves.
Toning workouts aim to help you towards the toned beach body you've always wanted. These classes focus on those problem areas (abs, hips, thighs and buttocks), so with a bit of hard work you're guaranteed to see results!
- Core and Abs: This method of body conditioning is a unique system of stretching and strengthening exercises that works the core muscles. Improving muscle tone, control, flexibility, coordination and postural alignment.
- Legs, Bums and Tums: This type of exercise class focuses on firming / toning legs /thighs / bottom and abdominal muscles, this is a easily coordinated type of exercise making it easier for the non-exerciser who wishes to tone up and get in to shape.
- Pump: Extremely effective weight training routine to music using barbells. Suitable for everyone.
- Strength and Tone: Using resistance exercises, this class will improve your strength, fitness and muscular endurance.
A typical combat fitness class is a great way of releasing some pent up energy! Kick, punch or wrestle your way to improved fitness.
- Boxing Fitness: A combination of pad work, circuit training and self-defence to maximise your current fitness levels and develop speed, power, coordination and balance.
These workouts are a combination of your favourite sports and exercise. You won't even realise you've done a whole workout, it'll be that fun!
- Learn to Climb: An introduction to climbing. Aspects of what equipment you will need to climb, and knowledge of how to climb safely will be delivered. Climbing on a regular basis will lead to improvements in your cardiovascular health and muscle toning.
- Power Burn: a combination of traditional resistance exercises mixed with interval training, the class promotes lean muscle mass or fat loss depending on your calorie intake. A good level of fitness is recommended for the class. Please warm up prior to the session commencing.
- Fighting Fit: a mixed martial arts class, working the whole body adapted for fitness. Every session is different with some focusing on conditioning or a range of striking, core and ground work. It is generally suitable for all fitness levels. Please warm up prior to the session commencing.
- Glute Burn: Glute burn works the glutes: the muscles in the bottom, this is a great class for everyone of all abilities. Glutes tend to get weak if you sit down all day, working them not only provides aesthetic improvement but reduced back pain. Please warm up prior to the session commencing.
- Legs, bums and tums: The timeless classic that is always relevant, the class helps build a strong and defined lower body with a range of different core, glute and leg exercises. This class is suitable for all abilities. Please warm up prior to the session commencing.
- Tabata: a very high intensity workout, with 20 second short bursts of exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest it is comprised of 8 intervals. This class is not recommended for beginners due to the high intensity of the session, be prepared to go all out in this intense class. Please warm up prior to the session commencing.
- X-Fit: X-Fit is all about challenging yourself, mentally taxing as well a physically! Try to complete the workout or try and beat a time. The session includes a mixture of resistance, cardio and core. It is recommended you have a good level of fitness, however we will always adapt the intensity where possible for the individual. Please warm up prior to the session commencing.
- Core and Abs: Core and Abs will help you develop a strong core, often this area is weak which can cause lower back pain. This class is suitable for any fitness level, with challenging exercises and varied sessions you shouldn’t miss it! Please warm up prior to the session commencing.
- HIIT Conditioning: HIIT Conditioning is an interval workout, maximising fat burning, improving cardio vascular fitness and improving V02max (oxygen uptake and utilisation). It is recommended you have a good level of fitness for this class. Please warm up prior to the session commencing.
- Relentless: a resistance class which uses Olympic bars for squats and deadlifts and overhead presses. Other exercises such as pull ups and advanced core exercises will also be included. You will be working on varying rep, set and rest times to focus on strength or hypertrophy. This class is suitable for anyone who is competent in compound lifts and isn’t suitable for beginners. If you are unsure if this class would be suitable then please speak to an instructor. Please warm up prior to the session commencing.
- Pump and Flex: a full body workout using weights, it promotes lean muscle mass and a high calorie burn. This class is suitable for all fitness levels.
- Circuits: Circuits uses weights and cardio exercises with stations to give a great full body workout, we use a mixture of exercises and training principles to keep things interesting. A good level of fitness is recommended for this class.