NTU Moves is our brand new app which allows you to track your moves and claim rewards. Students and staff members are able to start earning points by downloading the NTU Moves app.
Whether you’re a complete beginner or a self-proclaimed fitness guru, NTU Moves will encourage and reward you, in your journey to stay active. NTU Moves is a free app which can be downloaded via the app store. Simply connect your step counter on your mobile device or fitness tracker and start earning points for your activities.
By using NTU Moves you can also participate in team challenges and add your friends and colleagues for extra motivation. You will be rewarded with points which can be redeemed for NTU merchandise, hot drinks and other offers from the university’s outlets (current list of rewards available on NTU Moves app) You can also use your points to make a charitable donation to the John van Geest Cancer Research Centre.
NTU Moves will encourage you not only to get active, but stay active.
How to sign up to NTU Moves:
Each month we have a series of special challenges for you to take part in on the NTU Moves App. By taking part in our monthly challenges you have the opportunity to earn extra bonus points!
Mental Health Awareness week (9 May - 15 May)
Walking and staying active can significantly boost your wellbeing. Celebrate Mental Health Awareness week by taking on one of our challenges.
This Mental Health Awareness Weeks theme is loneliness. Why not invite a friend onto Moves this week and gain 50 points for doing so?
- Mental Health Awareness Week Walking Adventure - Walk with a friend to complete this challenge and have conversations with one another and check in with them! Gain an extra 50 points upon completion for walking 32500 steps.
- Mental Health Awareness Week Running Rampage - Go on a 5k run with a friend to complete this challenge and gain 75 points
- Mental Health Awareness Week Grand Tour - Go on a 15 mile ride with a friend to complete this challenge! Gain an extra 125 points upon completion!
- Mental Health Awareness Week Drench - Go swimming with some friends at the local pool, to complete this 500m swimming challenge and check in with them to see how they're doing. Gain an extra 100 points upon completion.
What Fitness Trackers and devices are supported by NTU Moves?
The app supports the following trackers:
- Apple Health (iOS devices only) *
- Withings / Health Mate
- Google Fit
*You can connect a range of other apps to Apple Health which are then synced through this integration. These include:
- Garmin Connect
- Health Mate (by Withings)
On average your tracking app or wearable will sync with MOVES approximately every 24 hours.
(Apple will allow a manual sync, every time the app is opened)
How do I connect, reconnect and change trackers?
On sign-up you will be invited to connect a tracker of your choice. If you skip this step you are then able to connect a tracker within the ‘edit profile’ in the app. To change trackers you must first remove the tracker you have connected. This is done via ‘edit profile’ in the app. Click ‘remove tracker’ then ‘connect tracker’ and follow the steps. You can only connect with one tracker at a time.
What rewards are available?
Current rewards are listed on the NTU Moves app, these include hot drinks, merchandise and access to NTU Sport facilities. Once a reward is claimed it cannot be undone. The app will always give you a final warning, if you claim by mistake you cannot reclaim your points.
How do I view my points?
Points earned and points redeemed are displayed in a graph displayed on your profile. You can see total lifetime points and total points available to use on rewards. The graph will display the last seven days of your activity.
What Activities does NTU Moves track?
MOVES currently tracks the following activities:
- Steps Walked
- Miles Ran
- Miles Cycled
What badges can I earn on Moves?
You can unlock the following badges:
- Mover: When you first log your first activity
- Spender: When you first redeem a reward
- Streak: When you log activity for three consecutive days
- Perfect Week: When you log activity for seven consecutive days
- Veteran: When you exceed earning 50,000 points
- Millionaire: When you log 1,000,000 Steps
How do I join a public group?
You can find all active public groups in the social tab. You can be part of the group by clicking ‘Join.’ Public groups are usually themed and have their own specific challenges.
How do I join a challenge?
You can browse all live and upcoming challenges, but you can only join those that are live. You can click the ‘Join’ button to compete in the challenge. If you leave a challenge you will lose your progress.
For any further questions please email Moves@ntu.ac.uk
Terms and Conditions