Why choose postgraduate study?
Looking to improve your professional prospects and push ahead in your career? Whatever your motivation, a postgraduate degree speaks volumes – it’s proof of knowledge, experience, and strong self-management skills.
Postgraduate study - making the right decision for you
Postgraduate qualifications are challenging, inspiring, and can make a huge difference to your professional life. They’re also a commitment — expectations of independent study and research are considerably higher, and there’s fewer funding opportunities on offer.
In this section, we’ve included the major benefits of Masters-level study, as well as things to consider.
Why study at postgraduate level?
Here's just a few reasons why you will benefit from postgraduate study:
- Gain industry accreditation — some professional sectors require a postgraduate degree as standard, including teaching, academia, medicine, and law.
- Improve your professional prospects — postgraduate study builds your experience, develops your skills, and gives you a valuable competitive edge. Stand out from the crowd with specialist knowledge and expertise.
- Change career path — postgraduate-level study opens up brand new opportunities. You can use the valuable skills and abilities you've developed during undergraduate study and apply them to a whole new area.
- Master your passion — our courses are based around world-class, industry-leading research. You'll learn at the very forefront of your subject, with the chance to progress onto doctoral study.
- Enjoy university life — Postgraduate study will satisfy your intellectual curiosity, in an environment that brings out the best in you.
Join our postgraduate community
By joining NTU as a postgraduate, you'll automatically join our rich community. No matter what your background is or where you come from, NTU will give you the platform to achieve your goals.
We work hard to provide a dynamic and supportive environment for all our students with plenty of opportunities to enrich you postgraduate experience.