There's still time to apply
Applying to university after the January deadline isn’t anything to worry about – we accept applications for most of our undergraduate courses until Thursday 30 June 2022.
Find your perfect course
Your UCAS application in six steps
1. Register with UCAS
All our undergraduate course applications are managed through UCAS. You can apply directly through the UCAS homepage or by clicking the "Apply" button on the top right of the relevant course page on our website.
You can apply to up to five universities through UCAS.
Our UCAS institution code is N91. When you complete your registration, UCAS will generate your username. You will need your username and password to log back in and access your application, so keep them safe.
If you’d like to apply for a part-time undergraduate course, you’ll need to apply directly to the University via the relevant course page.
2. Keep an eye on your inbox
Add @ntu.ac.uk and @ucas.com to your email safe senders list and check your emails regularly as we’ll be sending you important information throughout the application process via email and text message.
Make sure all your details are up to date on UCAS so that everything reaches you.
3. Check your application on UCAS
Check the status of your university application on UCAS,
We normally process applications in around 14 working days. This can vary in cases where we need to consider academic consultation, an interview outcome, or special circumstances.
4. Review your offers
Once we have assessed your application, we hope to be able to make you one of the following offers:
- Unconditional Offer – an offer where you have already satisfied the entry criteria and can have a place on the course.
- Conditional Offer – an offer whereby you must fulfil certain criteria (e.g. grades) before you can be accepted on the course.
- Alternative Offer – you don’t meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, so we have made you an offer for an alternative course.
5. Accept an offer
When you’ve received decisions for all of your university applications, you’ll see an alert on your UCAS page, advising you to reply to your offers.
- Unconditional – If you accept this as your firm (first) choice then your place is confirmed.
- Conditional – You can choose one course as your firm choice and one as your insurance (second) choice. Make sure the offer you accept as insurance has lower offer conditions than your firm. This way, if you don’t get the grades you were expecting for your firm choice, you are likely to meet the conditions of your insurance choice.
You’ll need to decline any other offers you’ve received.
In accepting the offer of a place at the University you are also accepting our Terms and Conditions and agreeing to comply with the University’s Regulations, Rules, Codes, Policies and Procedures (the Regulations) that apply to enrolled students.
If you accept the University’s offer of a place on a course, we strongly recommend that you download and save these documents for future reference as they form your contract with the University.
6. A-level results day
A-level results will be published on Thursday 18 August 2022. You can check if you’ve been accepted onto your course on UCAS.
If you don’t meet the requirements for either your firm or insurance choice, you may still be eligible for your course or be made an alternative offer. If that’s not the case, you will be eligible to enter Clearing, which is your chance to apply for university courses after you've received your exam results, or if you haven't already applied through UCAS.
100% of our undergraduate courses include work-related experience.
Applying through Clearing
If you apply after Thursday 30 June 2022, your application will automatically be entered into Clearing. Clearing opens on Tuesday 5 July 2022, but we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
We've been the UK’s most popular university for four years in a row based on 2021 UCAS acceptance data.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our available courses or wish to discuss your application, call us on +44 (0)115 848 4200, or complete our enquiry form and we’ll contact you.
If a course closes after you have applied, we will be in touch to discuss your options.