Parent and Carer FAQ
We’re delighted that your young person is thinking about studying at NTU. We hope that they are excited to experience everything NTU and Nottingham have to offer. On this page you will find answers to many of the questions you may have about the university application process.
Select a category below for answers to our frequently asked questions.
Visit our accommodation pages for the latest information.
Applying to NTU
- catering / hospitality
- research projects
- photography / videography
- administration and office roles
Student Finance and money management
Funding will be released when they enrol at the University. The Maintenance Loan is paid in three instalments at the start of each academic term. If they haven’t already done so, we recommend that they apply for their student finance as soon as possible to ensure their application is processed in time for the start of term.
Even if everything goes to plan, most students do not receive their first payment until the end of their first week at university, so they should bring enough funds to cover their expenses for a week
- Download our guide to fees and student finance (for full-time UK home undergraduate students starting at NTU in 2020/21)
- Student Finance England
- Student Finance Northern Ireland
- Student Awards Agency Scotland
- Student Finance Wales
- Visit our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page for more information on university costs.
- For international or EU student fees, please see the International students’ page for more information.
Support for disabled students
Wellbeing and mental health
Supporting Their UCAS Application
What happens, and when? Find out about the UCAS tariff, key dates, and what happens after results day.
Providing Support on Results Day
Wondering how you can support them on A-level results day? Find out how in our helpful guide.
Preparing for University
You can’t do everything for them, but you can help them prepare. Here are some tips on budgeting, what to take, recipe ideas, and more.