Developing new products and services
We can provide you with the skills, expertise and technology to help your business develop new products and services, from start to finish.
Our business experts will advise you on a strategy to help you with your new product or service, and provide access to a range of services, including
- brand development
- prototype development
- product testing
- access to academic expertise
- funding advice
- IP protection.
Contact our team by email, or call +44 (0)115 848 8899.
Access to expert knowledge and facilities
Our Innovation Hubs help SMEs by providing expertise and services to support new ideas and innovation.
If you are interested in accessing these services or would like to know more, contact our team by email or by calling +44 (0)115 848 8899.
The Computer Science Innovation hub delivers expert workshops, academic knowledge, and collaborative projects with businesses.
- mobile development
- big data
- cloud computing
- the Internet of Things
- systems analysis
- sensing and smart technologies
- networking and infrastructure security
- digital media.
Materials and engineering
SMEs can access a broad base of knowledge and equipment, giving you access to industrial imaging, materials analysis, process automation and a broad range of industry facilities.
Materials and Engineering Innovation services include:
- nuclear magnetic resonance
- materials imaging and sensing
- surface modification and analysis
- computational materials physics and modelling
- laser processing of materials
- thin film deposition
- materials and devices exploiting interfacial sciences
Future Factory offers access to emerging technologies such as additive manufacturing, allied with the complementary technologies of 3D CAD modelling, 3D visualisation, 3D scanning, reverse engineering, and computational modelling and analysis. We can also assist companies seeking to explore virtual and augmented reality technologies and integrate them into their business practices.
Our expert-led team can provide your business the following support:
- academically guided projects
- access to experienced design and process innovation advisers
- state-of-the art equipment including laser cutters, CNC machines, 3D printers and 3D scanners
- expert-led workshops and networking events
- student-led consultancy work.
Food and Drink Innovation
Our range of analytical and food processing facilities allow our team of food scientists to offer the following services:
- shelf-life testing
- compositional and nutritional analysis
- sensory testing
- product development innovation advice
- guidance on labelling and the application of technologies
- access to our development kitchen and biology and chemistry labs
- product test runs in our pilot factory plant.
Legal Advice for Innovation
Nottingham Law School (NLS) Legal Advice Centre (LAC) offer assistance on a range of business issues, including:
- contractual terms and conditions
- intellectual property
- web policies
- commercial property
- company set-up and governance
- data protection – GDPR
- employment law
- reasonable adjustments in the workplace.
Innovation events for SMEs
We hold workshops and events tailored to suit the needs of SMEs who are looking to develop new products and services. Topics covered include:
- creating new products
- brainstorming new services
- protecting Intellectual Property
Workshops and events are available to eligible SMEs in the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire area.
Book a place on our workshops and events.