Games courses at Confetti
Immerse yourself in the world of gaming design at Nottingham’s creative hub. Wherever your strengths lie, at Confetti we will nurture your talents and give you the experience, practice and access to the right facilities to allow you to grow your skills in the gaming field.
Every year we go off timetable for Industry Week and put together a schedule of talks and workshops from a variety of household names, such as:
- BAFTA award-winning Senior Concept and Environment Artist Anna Hollinrake
- Andy Davis – Splash Damage
- Mike Bithell from Thomas was Alone
- Ian Livingstone
- Deepsilver Dambusters
- Lockwood Publishing
Do It For Real
At Confetti, we pride ourselves on our industry connections, which allow students to ‘Do It For Real’ and experience working in their chosen industries alongside their studies.
Past students have gained work experience with the likes of Lockwood Publishing, Dambuster Studios and many others, allowing them to fully immerse themselves within the gaming industry whilst still studying – not just learn about it from a distance.
Every year, Confetti’s degree students also display their work at the Degree Showcase event. This year, in light of the current restrictions, we’ve taken this showcase online.
- Games Studios fully equipped with Workstation PCs
- Latest industry-standard software packages including Autodesk Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Unreal Engine, Unity and more
- Hardware suites focused on research and development in Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Motion Capture
- 400 capacity live event venue
In order for you to maintain industry relevance, the course has strong links with the games and creative industries and arts community. This ensures that the content delivered is current and within a real industry context. Students on this course have previously worked with both Crytek, Sumo Digital, Lockwood Publishing and the Gamecity Festival on various projects.