Get involved in life at NTU
Applying to uni through Clearing won’t make your student experience any different, and there’s so much going on at NTU for you to get involved in.
Making friends and settling in
It’s completely normal to feel a little homesick or nervous when you start university, and you need to give yourself time to adjust. There are so many opportunities to try new experiences and meet people, and we run a series of Welcome activities to help you get settled.
There are plenty of ways to meet new people:
- if you're looking to find your flatmates – or just chat with likeminded people before you arrive – then join us on social media, there are over 200 social media accounts connected to NTU, and Facebook groups for each of our halls of residence.
- going to as many of our Welcome events as you can – with so much to get involved with, they're perfect icebreakers.
- attending your course induction – meet the people who you’ll be learning alongside for the next few years.
- doing your bit to make your new home a happy one – chat to everyone you see if you're living in accommodation. Bond over a cup of tea, and don’t be afraid to knock on your neighbour’s door. If you don’t live in halls, there are Welcome events to help you meet new people.
- head to our official 2022 applicant thread on The Student Room to meet other students joining NTU in September 2022.
Looking after yourself and others
University life is exciting but can come with its own challenges. Our Health and Wellbeing service ensures that you can find the right help at the right time to help tackle whatever issues you might be encountering. If you think a friend might be struggling, ask them if they’re okay and get the conversation going.
Learn more about the range of award-winning support available to our students below.
Coming to University isn't just about studying. Throwing yourself into something beyond the classroom can be an unforgettable part of your NTU experience. It’s the perfect time to try something new – to broaden your horizons, meet new people, and develop the skills that’ll set you up for life.
With its exciting entertainment, social, sports and leisure spaces, NTSU is run by students, for students. It’s the heart of student life!
Join a society
With over 110 societies to tempt you with, you’ll be spoilt for choice when deciding what to get involved with here at NTU.
Curated and Created
NTU’s extra-curricular arts programme is here to help you find enjoyment in a range of creative activities and events. From contemporary art to classical music, creative writing to comedy – Curated & Created is where it all begins.
With sports clubs, scholarships, gyms and a range of fitness classes, there’s something for all abilities – whether you’re an expert or a complete beginner.
Get into volunteering
Volunteering is a great way of not only helping the local community, but also helping yourself. In the current job market standing out from the crowd is essential, and volunteering could give you that vital competitive edge.
NTU is one of the most sustainable universities in the world. Help us to keep making a difference for the University, for our local communities, and for the planet.
Faith and Chaplaincy
NTU Faith and Chaplaincy is committed to supporting the faith, spirituality and wellbeing of all students and staff here at NTU.
There’s so many international opportunities to get involved with – from exchange schemes and study abroad, to learning a language and Global Week – our annual celebration of cultural diversity.
Find out more
NTU is a place for open minds and new adventures — whatever you’re interested in, we’ve got you covered. Discover more of what's on offer outside of your studies.