Skip to content


Here you'll find answers to some frequently asked questions relating to the use of the online payment system.

  • How much are my fees?

    This depends on the course you are doing and whether you are a Home or an International student. For further information please visit the applying and fees section.

  • How do I set up payment of my fees?

    We encourage payment online as this is a secure and efficient way of paying.

  • Can I pay by any other way?

    If you are unable to pay online please contact the Finance Office to discuss.

  • Is there a charge to pay by instalments?

    We do not charge for this facility, however, unpaid instalments may incur an administration fee of £35.

  • Can I pay when I enrol?

    At the end of the enrolment process, there is a link to the online payment system.

  • I am having difficulty paying online.

  • I need to change my payment details.

    If you are paying your fees by recurring card payment and your card details have changed or are no longer valid then you can log in to the online payment system to up-to-date your card details.

    For all other payment methods please contact the Finance Office.

  • I am taking out the maximum student loan for my fees, do I still need to arrange to pay?

    Your loan for the fees is paid directly to the University so you do not need to arrange to pay yourself.

  • I am taking out a Professional or Career Development Loan for my fees, what do I need to do to enrol?

    Any funding for your fees must be in place at the start of your course. In most cases, these loans are paid directly to the University. Please email a copy of your final (not provisional) loan agreement. If you are only part-funded, you will need to arrange to pay the balance of your fees before you can enrol by contacting the Finance Office on +44 (0)115 848 6500.

  • What should I do if my instalment payment cannot be met?

    You should contact the Finance Office on +44 (0)115 848 6500 in advance of the due payment to discuss this. If no contact is made and fees remain unpaid, the University reserves the right to deny access to facilities and may request withdrawal from the course.

  • What will I be charged if I withdraw from the course?

    If you leave your course before completion, any entitlement to a refund of tuition fees will be determined in accordance with the University's Tuition Fee Due Policy, which is covered in the Fee Payment Conditions see section 9.0.

  • What is Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC)?

    Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) is a service that allows international students the option to pay in your own currency when using a Visa or Mastercard at the point of sale. The receipt will show the amount in the local currency, your home currency and the conversion rate.  You will know exactly what your paying for at the time of sale including all charges so you will see the same amount on your card statement when you get home.

    If your payment card is linked to a different currency you may be offered dynamic currency conversion (DCC) when using the online payment system.

FAQ's for international students

  • Can I get a refund (of my advanced payment) if my visa is refused?

    We refund your advanced payment if your visa is refused or you don't meet your academic conditions. You must email us the visa refusal stamp in your passport and a letter from the Entry Clearance Officer explaining their decision.

  • I am doing a Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (PEAP) course – how do I pay my fees?

    For 30-week, 20-week and 15-week PEAP courses you need to pay an advanced payment of £3,000 and then pay the rest of your fees (by instalment if you prefer) when you enrol.

    For 10-week and 6-week courses you need to pay the fees in full through the online store.

    When you progress to NTU from your PEAP course you need to pay an advanced payment of £3,000.

  • I'm trying to make additional payments for my CAS online, how can I do this?

    You can only make additional payments towards your accommodation and fees online if your offer is unconditional (which means that you have accepted your offer, paid your advanced payment, and met all the conditions of your offer).

    You can also pay by calling our Finance team on +44 (0)115 848 6500 or by bank transfer. It can take up to 10 working days for the money sent by bank transfer to be processed.

  • I'm a Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC) student – how do I pay my fees?

    You do not need to make an advanced payment. You need to pay your fees in full or set up an instalment plan by the course start date. View the published instalment dates.

  • I'm a sponsored student – how do I pay my fees?

    If your employer/sponsor is paying your fees you don't need to make an advanced payment. You must send a letter from your sponsor on company headed paper confirming that they will pay your fees. When we receive this letter we will send an invoice to your sponsor. Please note that you are personally liable for any unpaid fees.

    Email your letter to FIN Finance Sponsor or send it to: Finance Office, Nottingham Trent University, Dryden Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU, UK.

  • How can I check that you've received my payment?

    For payments you've made online email Admissions. For any other payments you've made email our Finance Office.

Still need help?

+44 (0)115 941 8418