Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the use of our online payments system.
- Student: A person intending to enrol or attending the University for a Programme at the University.
- Programme: The Programme of study or programme of research at the University.
- Enrolment Conditions: The standard enrolment conditions for all students of Nottingham Trent University which may be accessed here. The Student is bound by the University's Enrolment Conditions.
- Fees: Any and all fees payable by the Student including Tuition Fees, Accommodation Fees and any relevant Miscellaneous Fees.
- Tuition Fees: The Fees payable by the Student in respect of the Programme.
- Accommodation Fee: The Fee payable by the Student in respect of his/her residence in accommodation provided by the University or arranged by the University's Student Accommodation Service.
- Accommodation Booking Fee: The Fee payable by the Student to secure the Student's place in accommodation provided or arranged by the University.
- UCAS: University and Colleges Admissions Service
- University: Nottingham Trent University, Shakespeare Street, Nottingham NG1 4FQ
2. Fees and Payment
2.1 It is the Student's responsibility to ensure that the University's Tuition Fees, Accommodation Fees and Accommodation Booking Fee in respect of the Programme (as stated in the University Tuition Fee document or other fees documents supplied to the Student and as reviewed and revised each Academic Year) and all other fees and expenses relating to the Programme (some of which may be subject to a separate agreement) are paid in each Academic Year of the Programme. Unless the University agrees otherwise in writing the Fees should be paid at the beginning of the Academic Year, whether directly by the Student, or on the Student's behalf by a third party (such as a relative, employer or other sponsor). An 'Academic Year' shall mean the yearly period of the Programme, the dates of which shall be notified to the Student by the University.
2.2 The payment of any sums intended to be in respect of Fees by or on behalf of the Student does not in itself indicate the existence of a contract between the University and the Student which contract shall only come into being when the University or UCAS (as appropriate) has given notification of acceptance of the Student upon a Programme.
2.3 Any information displayed in this Online Payment Facility in respect of the amount of Fees due from the Student is for guidance only. The definitive Fees payable will be notified via the relevant Faculty or Student Accommodation Services of the University.
2.4 If the Student is studying on a Programme which lasts for one Academic Year or less the Student must ensure that the Tuition Fees are paid by the first day of the Programme, subject to Clause 3.1.
2.5 If the Student is studying on a Programme which lasts for more than one Academic Year, the Student must ensure that in each Academic Year the Tuition Fees are paid on enrolment of the Programme in each Academic Year, subject to Clause 3.1.
2.6 All payments made through this Online Payment Facility must be made in £Sterling . Any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in making the payment or in processing a refund shall be borne by the Student or the third party making payment, and shall not be deductible from the Fees due to the University.
3. Payment by Instalment
3.1 Clauses 2.4 and 2.5 above shall not apply if the University has agreed in writing that any alternative arrangement for the payment of the Fees will apply to the Student (including payment of the Student's contribution by instalments).
3.2 Where an instalment arrangement is set up to make payments from a credit/debit card account, the University will notify the Student, or the third party making payment, of the dates on which instalment payments will be claimed, and the amounts of those instalments, at least 5 working days before the first instalment is due.
3.3 Payment of Fees by a person or organisation other than the Student does not constitute a contract for the provision of a Programme between such person or organisation and the University.
4. Refund of Fees
4.1 If the Student leaves the University before they complete their Programme any entitlement to a refund of Tuition Fees will be as determined in the Fee Payment Conditions.
4.2 Such refund of Tuition Fees paid in respect of the Academic Year in which the Student leaves will normally be made within 31 days of the date when the University considers the Student to have left the University. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Clause 4 shall require the University to refund the Tuition Fees (or part thereof) unless such Tuition Fees (or part thereof) have previously been paid.
4.3 Entitlement to a refund of Accommodation Fees shall be as determined in the Accommodation Licence Agreement accepted by the student in respect of University or University-arranged accommodation.
4.4 In the event that any payment made via the University’s online payment system is to be refunded (either fully or in part) the University will endeavour to make the refund to the card account or bank account from which the refundable payment was made. If, for reasons beyond the University's control, refund cannot be made to the originating card/bank account, the refund will be made to the Student.
5.1 All payment details which are entered through this payment gateway are encrypted. The site is secure using 128 bit encryption to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site.
5.2 The University shall not be liable for any failure by the user of this online payment system to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such other persons, during the Online Payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the Online Payment process.
6. Data protection
6.1 The University will be entitled to use information given during the Online Payment process for the following purposes:
- Students: for those purposes detailed in Condition 11 of the Enrolment Conditions and University marketing purposes.
- Third parties making payment on behalf of the Student: for University marketing purposes only. Personal information will not be passed to third parties.