Our strategic aims
Our aim is to achieve sustainable growth in the quality, volume and applicability of our research.
We are focusing on:
- providing further support for our internationally competitive research activities
- developing a number of key research programmes which are aligned to real-world needs and challenges and which harness multidisciplinary expertise across NTU
- active partnership development with a range of centres of academic, business, professional and civic excellence
- maximising the external impact of our research through dissemination, collaboration and partnership
- developing our research effort to optimise performance, both within and outside the remit of continuing external review of research excellence
- continuing to develop a large and diverse postgraduate community through the NTU Doctoral School
- equipping our entire range of researchers with appropriate professional skills
- maximising the impact of research on our mission, reputation and teaching and learning strategy.