Support for students with individual needs
NTU want to ensure that students are able to learn and enjoy student life whatever their personal identity or circumstances, we aim to provide information and support which meets your individual needs
- Support for care leavers and care experienced students
- If you have spent time in foster care, residential care, or arrangements outside of family, we can provide practical advice, information and support.
- Support for student parents and student carers
- Managing caring responsibilities with studies can sometimes be challenging. We can provide information and resources to help you plan your time and get the support you need.
- Support for mature students
- A mature student is anyone aged 21 or over at the start of their undergraduate studies. Find out how we might be able to help.
- Support for transgender students
- Student Support Services recognise the unique issues faced by transgender students. We're committed to providing support from an adviser who understands your needs.
- Sexual violence support
- Find out what sexual violence support is available from our student support team and get help and advice from external organisations.
- Support for students who are estranged from their families
- If you're studying without the support of a family network, we can offer information and advice that may help you.