Universities for Nottingham
The Universities for Nottingham Civic Agreement is a pioneering collaboration which brings together the combined strength and civic missions of our 10 signatory partners; the city and county councils, four NHS organisations, the D2N2 LEP, Vision West Notts College and both Universities.
"What makes a place a place?"
The agreement centres around five core themes; Economic Prosperity, Education Partnership, Skills and Employment, Environmental Sustainability, Health and Wellbeing and Community Connections.
The partnership refreshed the Agreement in January 2022. It now sets out 15 initiatives under the five themes, outlining some big ambitions for the future, including:
- Working together as large local employers to improve levels of equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Developing a collaborative approach to community safety and cohesion.
- Working together to further understand clinical skills gaps across the local healthcare system and developing new provision to meet these needs.
- Leading the push towards zero-carbon through shared and innovative approaches to behaviour change as well as collaborating on ground-breaking research programmes.
- Developing clear FE-HE pathways to support the Skills for the future within our local workforce
- Provide innovation, enterprise and skills support for employers and communities with a focus on digital and data
You can find out more about the partnership and latest news on the Universities for Nottingham website.