NTU Employability's Student Sales Academy launches as new initiative this November
The Student Sales Academy is a brand new, employer-led career development and learning programme, exclusively for NTU students and recent graduates.
Following a well-received pilot in May 2021, November 15th marks the launch of the brand new NTU Employability initiative - The Student Sales Academy (SSA). This series is designed with the purpose of sharing key skills that any student or graduate can use in any role, both at university or in the world of work.
Sales skills include a whole range of transferable experience that can be applied to most industries and sectors. The SSA will begin to explore how these can be added to personal skillset with practical teaching taken straight from the commercial world.
Key aims of the SSA are to:
- De-mystify sales
- Raise awareness of sales/sales related roles, the skills required and the employers who recruit to those roles
- Teach students practical sales skills and techniques
- Link employers with industry-ready talent.
Following an initial ‘Get Inspired’ event, the SSA will provide the opportunity for participants to learn about four key areas of a typical sales process to include:
- Understanding Needs
- Presenting Solutions
- Growing Business.
Additional ways to engage
In addition to these practical skills workshops, participants will be able to attend:
- Inspirational talks by sales experts and other business leaders who apply sales related skills in their roles
- “A day in the life of...” awareness and insight Webinar Wednesday Employer Sessions
- Self-study SSA online course
- Optional challenge for participants to put their newly acquired skills to test.
There will also be live vacancy alerts throughout the programme.
Practical teaching from the commercial world
The SSA 2021 is being supported by a number of employers from across different industries and sectors to include:
- Autism East Midlands
- Bosch Rexroth
- Diversity Creative
- Fraser Group
- Forsyth Barnes
- Marketing Lawyers
- Metsi Technologies
- Napier Creatives
- Nottingham Community Housing Association
- Nottingham Playhouse
NTU students and alumni can find out more about getting involved in the Student Sales Academy by visiting Employability Online.
All other enquires can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.