PEAP Progression Award
We are offering a PEAP Progression Award to international students who successfully complete the 20-week or 15-week Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (PEAP) course and progress to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at NTU in September 2023.
What is the award?
The award is a tuition fee reduction of £1,650 equivalent to five weeks free PEAP tuition. After successfully completing the 15-week or 20-week Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (PEAP) course, £1,650 will be deducted from your tuition fees when you enrol on your academic degree.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the award you need to:
- Have an offer to start an undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at Nottingham Trent University in September 2023 where successfully completing PEAP is a condition of the offer.
- Successfully complete the 20-week or 15-week PEAP course and progress to an undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at NTU in September 2023.
- Be an international student classed as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
Terms and Conditions of PEAP Progression Award
- The applicant must successfully complete the 20-week or 15-week PEAP course and progress onto a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught degree course at the University in the 2023/2024academic year. Please note that this offer does not apply to students progressing to professional courses which include the MBA, EMBA, GDL, BPTC and LPC.
- The applicant must be classed as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The applicant must not already be a student at Nottingham Trent University nor have previously studied at Nottingham Trent University or Nottingham Trent International College.
- The £1,650 discount will be in the form of a tuition fee reduction for the first year’s fees only, which will be applied when the applicant enrols on the full-time degree course at the University.
- The applicant must pay the tuition fee for the 20-week or 15-week online PEAP course before the PEAP course start date. The University will then deduct £1,650 in the form a fee reduction if the student successfully completes the PEAP course and enrols on a full-time degree course at NTU in the 2023/24 academic year.
- If the applicant is awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reductions by the University, the maximum amount awarded will not exceed half the tuition fee for the course. In such a case the deduction to the applicant’s tuition fee will be adjusted as appropriate.
- If you are studying at an institution that has a partnership agreement with NTU you are eligible for the PEAP Progression Award and either an NTU International Scholarship or the Partner Progression Discount (whichever is the higher amount) with a total award up to 50% of tuition fee.
- The award is not transferable and will not be awarded if the applicant chooses to defer their entry to a different academic year.
- The University reserves the right to revoke this offer if the applicant subsequently leaves the University before completing their first year of study.
- The University’s decision in all matters relating to this award is final.
- The University reserves the right to discontinue this award at any time.
- This award is only open to students who need to do a pre-sessional English course to progress onto a degree at NTU, i.e., where pre-sessional English is a condition of their offer.
Need more advice?
If you need more information about this award, or if you have any other questions about PEAP or about studying at NTU as an international student, please contact our International Office and we'll be happy to advise.