Information and entry requirements for students from Sri Lanka
Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representatives for Sri Lanka, learn about our entry requirements, scholarships and high achievers awards. You can also sign up to keep in touch with us here.
Welcome to NTU
We are delighted you’re considering studying with us. There are three representatives for Sri Lanka who can help to answer your questions about applying and studying at NTU. Shradha Kini is based in Mumbai, Shruti Jaggi in Delhi and Mirza Mujic is in our Nottingham office.
We all travel around Sri Lanka to meet students and their families. We also host social activities for NTU alumni here in Sri Lanka so we’d love to hear from you if you’ve studied at the University.
If you’d like to keep in touch please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University and details of our visit schedule.
Sri Lanka Scholarship
Do you have an offer to study with us in September 2022? Why not apply for our exclusive Sri Lanka scholarship. If you're an undergraduate student you can apply for £4,000 towards your studies.
Our international scholarships range from £2,000 to 50% of your tuition fee. We’ll assess you for all scholarships you are eligible for.
Final deadline: Wednesday 29 June 2022
LLM South Asia Scholarship
Nottingham Law School (NLS) is pleased to offer one competitive scholarship up to a value of half your tuition fee.
We welcome applications from students from Sri Lanka who are holding an offer to study on a NLS full-time LLM Masters programme (not including LPC/BTC) for September 2022.
The scholarship will be awarded to the candidate who most closely meets the criteria for the award.
To apply please complete our application form and we'll assess you for all scholarships you are eligible for.
Final deadline: Wednesday 29 June 2022
Sri Lanka High Achievers Awards
We are pleased to offer up to £3,000 fee reduction to all high achieving Sri Lankan students. To be eligible you must:
- Have an offer to study one of our full-time Masters courses in September 2022.
- Achieve a 3.5 CGPA from a recognised Sri Lankan University.
To apply please complete our application form and we'll assess your eligibility.
You can also apply for our range of international scholarships range from £2,000 to 50% of your tuition fee. We’ll assess you for all scholarships you are eligible for.
Final deadline: Wednesday 31 August 2022
Terms and Conditions Sri Lanka High Achievers Award
- You must be permanently domiciled in Sri Lanka.
- You must have 3.5 CGPA from Sri Lanka at the time of applying to Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be holding an offer for September 2022 to study at Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This offer is applicable to full time taught postgraduate Masters programmes (excluding SQE Preparation courses, PGDL, LPC, BTC, Distance Learning and Exchange students).
- You must not have previously studied at Nottingham Trent University. If you have, you may be eligible for the 20% Alumni discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
- If you are doing a two-year course, you will only receive the discount for your first year of study at Nottingham Trent University.
- If you are studying at an institution that has a partnership agreement with NTU you are eligible for either an NTU International Scholarship or the Partner Progression Discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
- If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reduction from NTU you will only be eligible for the higher award (except for candidates who are awarded a Sport Scholarship)
- This award will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this award, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- All decisions on eligibility for these discounts are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the Sri Lanka High Achievers Award, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
My course provides valuable knowledge and skills that are essential for the workplace and opportunities to thrive as a global graduate. Anusha Siriwardena, Sri Lanka, MSc Applied Biosciences.
|Your qualification||You could study|
|Sri-Lankan A levels||Undergraduate courses|
|Sri Lankan Degree at Second Class Lower, 50% or GPA 2.7 for 2:2 and Second Class Upper for 2:1||Masters courses|
|Sri-Lankan Masters degree with grade of 55%+|
English language entry requirements
To meet the language requirements of the University you’ll need one of the following:
- Sri Lanka GCE A-Level: Grade C
- An IELTS qualification or alternative English language qualification accepted by the University at the appropriate grade.
Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.
If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.
We work closely with a network of representatives all over the world including counsellors in education agencies, schools and colleges.
They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.
You'll find their details on this page.