Information and entry requirements for students from Sri Lanka
Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representative for Sri Lanka, learn about our entry requirements, scholarships and high achievers awards. You can also sign up to keep in touch with us here.
Welcome to NTU
Hello, my name’s Ella Davis and I'm the NTU Representative for Sri Lanka. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help.
If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Sri Lanka so we can arrange to meet if you wish – or you can contact me directly.
Sri Lanka Scholarships
If you have an offer to study with us from September 2019 you can apply for one of our scholarships.
Undergraduate students can apply for £4,000 towards their studies.
We also have a range of postgraduate scholarships that you can be considered for.
Sri Lanka High Achievers Awards
We are pleased to offer a £3,000 fee reduction to all highly-achieving students from Sri Lanka holding offers to study any of our full-time Masters courses starting in September 2019.
You must have a 3.5 CGPA or a 1st class degree from a recognised university in Sri Lanka.
To claim please email the International Development Office with your name and NTU student number.
Please write 'Sri Lanka High Achievers Award' in the subject of the email.
Please claim by 14 January 2019 16:00 (GMT)
25 March 2019 16:00 (GMT)
20 May 2019 16:00 (GMT)
Final deadline 24 June 2019 16:00 (GMT)
Terms and Conditions Sri Lanka High Achievers Awards
- You must be permanently domiciled in Sri Lanka.
- You must have achieved a 3.5 CGPA or a 1st class degree from a recognised university in Sri Lanka at the time of applying to Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be holding an offer for September 2019 to study at Nottingham Trent University.
- The award is not transferable and will not be given if you choose to defer your entry to a different start date.
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This offer is applicable to full time taught postgraduate Masters programmes (excluding professional courses such as BPTC, LPC and MBA, DBA and distance learning courses).
- You must not have previously studied at Nottingham Trent University. If you have, you may be eligible for the 25% postgraduate alumni discount.
- If you are doing a two-year course, you will only receive the discount for your first year of study at Nottingham Trent University.
- Your fee cannot also be discounted by another arrangement such as a corporate contract or partnership discount.
- You may qualify for both an award and a scholarship but your total fee reduction must not exceed 50% of your tuition fees.
- This award will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this award, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- All decisions on eligibility for these discounts are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the Sri Lanka High Achievers Award, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
- You must email email@example.com before 16:00 GMT on 24 June 2019 to put yourself forward for this award.
- Applicants will not be eligible for this award after this final deadline.
My course provides valuable knowledge and skills that are essential for the workplace and opportunities to thrive as a global graduate. Anusha Siriwardena, Sri Lanka, MSc Applied Biosciences.
|Your qualification||You could study|
|Sri-Lankan A levels||Undergraduate courses|
|Sri Lankan Degree at Second Class Lower, 50% or GPA 2.7 for 2:2 and Second Class Upper for 2:1||Masters courses|
|Sri-Lankan Masters degree with grade of 55%+|
English language entry requirements
To meet the language requirements of the University you’ll need one of the following:
- Sri Lankan A-level English language Grade C or above
- an IELTS qualification or alternative English language qualification accepted by the University at the appropriate grade.
If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.