Fouad teaches structural analysis for all levels of the undergraduate Civil Engineering Programme, and structural appraisal and defects diagnosis of buildings for the BSc Building Surveying programme. He teaches structural analysis at advanced level for the postgraduate Civil Engineering Programme, and supervises the research work of BSc, MSc and PhD Civil Engineering students.
- Design Optimisation of Structural Systems:
- Minimum weight of cold-formed steel portal frames with rigid and semi-rigid joints according BS 5950 and EC3;
- Design Optimisation of Steel Portal Frames Using Distributed Genetic Algorithms;
- Optimum design of rectangular and circular reinforced concrete columns according to EC2 and ACI 318-11;
- Optimum design of pile foundation according EC7;
- Optimum Design of Reinforced Concrete Retaining Walls According To EC2;
- Optimum Design of Prestressed Concrete Girders.
- Experimental Work on Reinforced Concrete Elements:
- Damage and Repair Identification in Reinforced Concrete Beams using Vibration Data;
- Damage Detection in Reinforced Concrete Slabs Using Modal Analysis and Artificial Neural Network;
- Development of foamed concrete through investigating the viability of using alternative materials.
- Finite Element Method Application in Civil/Structural Engineering Projects:
- Finite element modelling of road/ironwork installation systems;
- Finite element analysis of cracked pavement using ANSYS software;
- Analysis and design of the LR55 track system using purpose built finite element programs as well as ABAQUS and ANSYS software.
Main areas of research interest are:
- Academic member of Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER). (2015-date)
International editor of the Journal of Engineering and Sustainable Development (JESD),
- Editor of the Scientific Journal of Koya University (ARO)
- External Examiner for the MSc Water, Energy and the Environment; and MSc Civil Engineering with Drone Applications, Liverpool John Moores university. (1 Oct 2018 – 30 Sep 2022)
- Invited lecturer to deliver seminars on Eurocode and other related structural engineering topics at some universities in the Middle East, Istanbul Medeniyet University, Salahaddin University, Sulaimani University, Duhok University, Koya University and Aleppo universities.
- Reviewing several structural engineering textbooks and journal papers as requested by international publishers. (2003-date).
Full list of publications can be found by clicking on 'go to publications' link above.
Shawnim, P, and Mohammad, F. 2019. COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH OF FOAMED CONCRETE IN RELATION TO POROSITY USING SEM IMAGES. Journal of Civil Engineering, Science and Technology, Volume 10, Issue 1, pp. 34 – 44. doi.org/10.33736/jcest.1005.2019
Shawnim, P, and Mohammad, F. 2019. POROSITY, PERMEABILITY AND MICROSTRUCTURE OF FOAMED CONCRETE THROUGH SEM IMAGES. Journal of Civil Engineering, Science and Technology, Volume 10, Issue 1, pp. 22 – 33. doi.org/10.33736/jcest.1434.2019
Mohammad, F. and Ahmed, H.E. 2018. Optimum Design of Reinforced Concrete Cantilever Retaining Walls according Eurocode 2 (EC2). Athens Journal of Technology and Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue. 3, pp. 277 – 296. doi=10.30958/ajte.5-3-4
Balakrishna MN, Mohammad, F, Evans, R, Rahman MM. 2018. Damage assessment of reinforced concrete beams for differential degree of corrosion. Discovery – Analysis, Vol 54, No. 268, pp. 147 – 156.
Balakrishna MN, Mohammad, F, Evans, R, Rahman MM. 2018. Strengthening of corrosion damaged RC beams by ferrocement composite laminates. Indian Journal of Engineering, Vol. 15, pp. 79 – 90.
Balakrishna MN, Mohammad, F, Evans, R, Rahman MM. 2018. Assessment of water absorption of concrete by Initial surface absorption test. Indian Journal of Engineering, Vol. 15, pp. 57 – 65.
Balakrishna MN, Mohammad, F, Evans, R, Rahman MM. 2017. Variation of chloride concentration in pre-conditioned concrete cubes. Science and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 12, pp. 187 – 299.
Balakrishna MN, Mohammad, F, Evans, R, Rahman MM. 2017. Prediction of chloride concentration in pre-conditioned concrete slabs. Indian Journal of Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 38, pp. 269 – 277.
Balakrishna MN, Mohammad, F, Evans, R, Rahman MM. 2017. Estimation of chloride absorption in concrete cubes with finite moisture content. Discovery Publications, Vol. 53, No. 263, pp. 594 – 604.
Balakrishna MN, Mohammad, F, Evans, R, Rahman MM. 2017. Interpretation of concrete mix designs by surface hardness method. Malaysian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 227 – 238.
MOHAMMAD, F.A. and SEYAN, D, A. 2016. Optimum Design of Reinforced Concrete Rectangular Columns Subjected to Axial Compression and Biaxial Bending Moments. Athens Journal of Technology and Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 225 – 239.
Ali A. Al-Ghalib, Fouad A. Mohammad, 2016. Damage and repair classification in reinforced concrete beams using frequency domain data, Journal Materials and Structures, Vol. 49, Issue 5, pp. 1893-1903.
M S Ahmed and F A Mohammad, 2015. Experimental Modal Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Square Slabs, International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering Vol:9, No:3.
M S Ahmed and F A Mohammad, 2014. Theoretical modal analysis of freely and simply supported RC slabs”, International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering Vol:8, No:12.
- Structural engineering
- Structural dynamics
- Structural optimisation
- Finite element method