As BA (Hons) Product Design, Course Leader, Dr Stewart is responsible for overseeing all levels of study on the course, together with course management, pastoral care and applicant interviews.
Before coming to NTU, Dr Stewart worked as Course Leader of BSc (Hons) Product Design at the University of East London.
A full list of Joseph's publications is available on his LinkedIn profile.
Before coming to NTU in January 2014, Dr Stewart completed extensive research in the fields of medical product design and atomiser design and development. During this time, he worked in collaboration with many multinational organisations including Reckitt Benckiser, GlaxoSmithKline, Unilever and Hughes Safety Showers.
Dr Stewart is currently performing research on the topic of design education, with specific interest in a students’ transition through the various stages of design education and how to make this process as fruitful as possible for the student.
Sponsors and collaborators
- Hughes Safety Showers Ltd
- Reckitt Benckiser
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Stewart. J.A. - 'Green Roof Technologies for Sustainable Cities', International Conference on Sustainable Design and Construction Engineering, Paris, France, 29-30 April 2014.
- Stewart. J.A. and Lighterness. P.J. - 'Developing a Holistic Design Process for the UK education system - a Refined Japanese Approach', Journal of Design and Technology Education, August 2013.
- Stewart. J.A. and Lighterness. P.J. - 'Developing a Holistic Design Process for the UK education system - a Refined Japanese Approach', Design Principles and Practices, Chiba, Japan, 6-8 March 2013.
- Stewart. J.A. - 'Medical Product Development - Hospital Acquired Infection Neutralisation', Innovative Research in Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, India, 3-5 January 2013.
- Stewart. J.A. - 'Investigation into the Design and Development of a Disinfection System Utilising a Novel Spill-Return Atomiser (SRA)', Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken, Germany, May 2012.
- Stewart. J.A., Nasr. G.G. and Burby. M.L. – 'Design and Development of a Novel Spill-Return Atomiser', Journal of Healthcare Engineering, April 2012.
- Stewart. J.A., Nasr. G.G. and Burby. M.L. – 'Fine Spray Behaviour upon Impaction of Varied Material Surfaces', ILASS Americas, Ventura, California, USA, 15-18 May 2011.
- Stewart. J.A., Nasr G.G. and Burby. M.L. – 'Radial Analysis of Fine Sprays Using Phase Doppler Anemometry (PDA)', ILASS Europe 2010, Brno, Czech Republic, 6-8 September 2010.
- Product design education
- Medical product design