Simone is Module Leader for PRMD10013 'Planning and Land Use', PRMD20010 'Concepts and Practice in Planning' and PRMD30026 'Research Project' at undergraduate level. She is also Module Leader for PRMD30028 'Professional Development & Research', which is taught as part of our Degree Apprenticeship suite of courses.
- Property and Planning
- Governance capacity of planning policies and instruments at various scales; efficiency and material consistency of planning systems, models and contents; (re-)emergence of strategic and integrated approached to spatial planning and governance of spatial development across Europe.
- Effectiveness of (formal and informal) planning procedures.
- Overall political, institutional and legal frameworks of planning and spatial/property development.
- Sustainable regional and urban development: theoretical approaches of evaluation and questions of practical implementation.
- Environmental Impact Assessment/Strategic Environmental Assessment: related policies, methodologies and practices in Germany, the UK and the European Union.
Sponsors and collaborators
- University of Sheffield, Department of Town and Regional Planning (Prof. John Henneberry and Dr Berna Keskin) & South Yorkshire Forest Partnership (Tom Wild and Betty Anyika): collaboration on joint journal publications in the context of the INTERREG IVb project 'VALUE' (Valuing Attractive Landscapes in the Urban Economy). For further details on aims, contents and project partners see project website.
- HafenCity University Hamburg, Urban Planning and Regional Development (Dr Cormac Walsh): collaboration on joint journal publication.
- Spatial planning
- Land use planning
- Sustainable urban development
- Green infrastructure
- European comparative planning studies
- Urban growth and decline