Dora is a technician in printed textiles and paper printing. She has knowledge of dyes and their application including procion, acid, disperse, sublimation, and other printing techniques such as discharge, devore, and surface manipulation techniques.
Her role includes assisting staff and students during taught sessions and solving technical issues, across all years of undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes across Art and Design, including Fashion, Textiles, Knitwear, Decorative Arts, Costume, Fine Art, Graphic Design, and Illustration.
She also demonstrates printed techniques, dye mixing, screen printing on fabric and paper, embossing and linocut.
Dora holds an MA in Visual and Applied Arts from Aristotle University, Greece, where she also finished her BA focused on Fine Arts. She was a visiting scholar in Hildesheim University Germany, where she further explored fine art practices.
She started her professional career gaining work experience in the cultural sector in Greece. In addition to many posts in Greece, her professional experience includes working as Curatorial/Exhibition Assistant for the Ostrale Biennale, the third biggest contemporary art exhibition in Germany, 2017, NTU’s Art Collection, 2018 and Nottingham Contemporary, 2019, assisting on the Bauhaus Exhibition.
After completing her Master’s in Textile Design at NTU, she worked at the screen-printing studio Get a Grip in Birmingham. Her work has been published in leading textbooks in the field of textile design and she has been a Guest Lecturer in the School of Visual and Applied Arts, Aristotle University, 2021.
Dora has an active artistic presence and often takes part in art residencies, which has allowed her to have her work exhibited nationally and internationally in various exhibitions and festivals. Her work has received awards and been commissioned.
More information about her practice and activities can be found here
- 2021 – Present: AFHEA- Associate Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
- Member Chamber of Fine Arts, Greece
- Member of Society of Dyers and Colourists
- Member Axisweb
- 2021 – Present: she is a tutor at NTU Saturday Art Club and NTU Short Course Tutor designing and delivering courses in the areas of visual arts and printed textiles.
- 2019 – Present: she has created her own design brand, which specialises in limited edition collections and prints for accessory products and home wear.
Sponsors and collaborators
- S.H.E.D, University of Derby
- Goethe Institut Athen, Auswaertiges-Amt
- Arts Council England
- Kalopsia Collective
- Centre for Hellenic Studies, Greece Harvard University