Teaching media law, ethics and regulation and public administration on both the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Follow Amanda on Twitter: @AmandaJBall
Chairs the NCTJ's Public Affairs Board and is the NCTJ's Chief Examiner in Photography Law. Her main research interest and recent publications are in journalism education and training.
- Media Law adviser and consultant to APCOM (Association of Police Communicators)
- Media Law adviser and trainer for the Metropolitan Police
- Principal Examiner for National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ)
- Chair of NCTJ Public Affairs Exam Board 1994 – 2010
- Member of NCTJ Media Law Board
- NCTJ Chief Examiner in Press Photography Law
- External Examiner for MA Journalism Programme at Leeds Trinity University College
Amanda is an experienced media commentator and has recently been interviewed by regional and national print and broadcast press on the Leveson Inquiry.
She can offer comment on defamation and privacy law; impact of laws of contempt (media); and reporting restrictions on the media.