Jing is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Accounting and Finance.
Jing teaches accounting and finance at undergraduate level, and supervises undergraduate research project, postgraduate consultancy projects in addition to supervising doctoral students.
Jing is also a member of NBS Research Ethics Committee.
- Investment analysis in practice
- Usage of information, especially usage of accounting information
- Behaviour-based research
- Financing SMEs
Jing is on the editorial board of International Journal of Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Jing supervised a doctoral student, project title: Fraud in the Financial Sector: A Study of the Banking Industry in Kenya. The student has passed her viva.
Jing also supervises a DBA student, project title: Entrepreneurs Venture Capital and Finance: Comparing and contrasting the development of BAN - Business Angles Network in United Kingdom and Portugal.
Sponsors and collaborators
- Wang, J., Haslam, J and Marston, C.L. (2011). The Appraisal of Ordinary Shares by Chinese Financial Analysts, Asian Review of Accounting, Vol. 19, No.1, pp. 5-30.
- Wang, J. and Ahammad, M.F. (2012). Private Information Acquisition and Stock Evaluation by Chinese Financial Analysts, International Journal of Management, Vol. 29, No.1, pp.117-132.
- Investigating the Development of Business Angles Networks in Portugal: A Comparative Study, The EBES 2011 Conference (June) – Istanbul, with Abdo, H. and Gouveia, R.