Dr. Adnan Kiani is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science.
Dr. Adnan is an experienced academic, a Fellow of Advance Higher Education UK (FHEA) , Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, and Certified Professional Engineer (PE) from Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
Dr. Adnan received both his PhD and MSc degrees from Brunel University, London, and his BE in Electrical Engineering from NUST, Pakistan. During his PhD, Dr. Adnan worked on EU-FP6 Enable project for large scale deployment of Mobile IPv6. Throughout his academic career, he has won grants, published extensively in high-impact journals, presented his work in international conferences and contributed to edited books. Dr. Adnan is actively involved in collaborative research involving international partners.
Prior to joining Nottingham Trent University, Dr. Adnan was a lecturer in Computer Science at University of Essex. Dr. Adnan also served as an Assistant Professor at National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan and a visiting researcher at School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Brunel University London.
Dr. Adnan's research interests include:
- Distributed Ledger Technologies.
- Distributed Systems.
- Cybersecure Systems.
- Small Scale Wireless Networks.
- Device 2 Device Communication.
- Use of ML Techniques in Communication Networks.
- IDS System Design.
- Vehicular Edge Computing.
- Cognitive Radio Networks.
- Fellowship Advance Higher Education, UK (FHEA).
- Member IEEE.
- Member IEEE ComSoc.
- Member Pakistan Engineering Council.
- Member Technical Program Committee of a number of high quality conferences including IEEE WCNC, IEEE VTC, and CCNC.
- Regular reviewer Springer Telecommunication Systems, IEEE Sensors, and IEEE Wireless Comm Letters.
- J. Shahid, R. Ahmad, A. K. Kiani, T. Ahmad “Data Privacy and Protection of IoHT-based Systems: Analysis, Policies, Compliance Issues and Suggestions” mdpi Applied Sciences 2022 12, 1927.
- Zeln Ji, Adnan K. Kiani, Zhijin Qin, R. Ahmad “Power Optimization in Device-to-Device Communications: A Deep Reinforcement Learning Approach with Dynamic Reward”, IEEE Wireless Communication Letters, 2021
- A. Saboor, R. Ahmad, Adnan K. Kiani, W. Ahmad, M.M.Alam "Dynamic Slot Allocation using Non Overlapping Backoff Algorithm in 802.15.6 WBAN" IEEE Sensors , 2021.
- Maham Waheed, Sadaf Talha, Rizwan Ahmad, Adnan K. Kiani, Muhammad Mahtab Alam, Waqas Ahmed , "Network Coding and Hierarchical Modulation for Energy Efficient Cooperative WBAN", International Journal of Distributed Systems and Technologies (IJDST), Vol. 10 , No. 3, Jun, 2019.
- Amna Riaz, Rizwan Ahmad, Adnan K. Kiani, Shahzad Saleem, “Access Control for Fog/Cloud enabled IoTs”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, (IJCSIS), Vol. 17, No. 9, September, 2019.
- Muhammad Atif, Siddique Latif, Adnan K. Kiani, Rizwan Ahmad, Junaid Qadir, Adeel Baig, Hisao Ishibuchi, Waseem Abbas , "Soft Computing Techniques for Dependable Cyber-Physical Systems", IEEE Access, Vol. 7, ,pp 72030 – 720499, May, 2020.
- Abdul Saboor, Rizwan Ahmad, Adnan K. Kiani, Waqas Ahmad, Yannick Le Moullec, Muhammad Mahtab Alam,"On Research Challenges in Hybrid Medium Access Control Protocols for IEEE 802.15.6 WBANs", IEEE Sensors Journal, DOI 10.1109/JSEN.2018.288378618, pp. 1-13. , Nov, 2018.
- M. Arif, Adnan K. Kiani, J. Qadir, "Machine learning based optimized live virtual machine migration over WAN links." Telecommunication Systems Sep, 2016 1-13
- A.Riaz, Adnan K. Kiani, Hafiz Farooq, J. Qadir, U. Younas, " Intrusion Detection Systems in Cloud Computing: A Contemporary Review of Techniques and Solutions" Journal of Information Science and Engineering-Special Issue on Cloud Computing and Security Jan, 2017.
- Z. Riaz, , M. Arslan. Adnan K. Kiani, S. Azhar. , "CoSMoS: A BIM and Wireless Sensors based Integrated Solution for Worker Safety in Confined Spaces", Automation in Construction, Vol. 45, pp. 96-106, Sep, 2014.