Dr Zoheir Ezziane is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Computer science, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom.
Dr Ezziane has been the Module Leader of postgraduate module “Strategic Change & Consultancy” and is currently teaching Business Analysis, Essential Skills, Global Business Management, and Information Security. He is also supervising postgraduate students in completing their major projects.
Dr. Ezziane received a postdoctoral certificate in Global Faculty Development from the Wharton Business School of the University of Pennsylvania, a Ph.D. in Engineering from Florida Atlantic University, a MSc in Computer Science from the University of Central Florida, and a BSc in Computer Science from USTH-Algeria. He is a former research fellow at Harvard, Oxford, Imperial College London, Stanford, the World Health Organization ((Switzerland), Tina Vienna Urban Technologies and Strategies (Austria), and Yale.
Dr. Ezziane conducted interdisciplinary research in artificial intelligence, machine learning, educational technology, health care, bioinformatics, and smart cities. He taught for many years undergraduate as well as postgraduate level modules in Computer Science and Business Management. He held various positions in the USA, Europe, and in the Middle East. He published in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences.
As a Wharton Fellow and affiliated with the Wharton Research Centre (University of Pennsylvania) based in Abu Dhabi, Dr/ Ezziane launched various global initiatives including educational technology, healthcare innovation, and IT infrastructure. At Tina Vienna Urban Technologies and Strategies, he investigated the information technology infrastructure that supports the Vienna Smart City project. While At WHO, he investigated public affair strategies for closing the gaps between researchers, policymakers, and decision-makers. He also explored and identified barriers and enablers to develop policies required to effectively enhance the collaboration between researchers and decision-makers and to contribute to the evidence informing policy development.
Dr. Ezziane has helped in planning Industry Showcase 2022 through inviting companies to meet and re-connect with faculty members at the Department of Computer Science at NTU
- Z. Ezziane, Advances in Quantum Systems Research, Nova, New York, 2014.
- Z. Ezziane, Contemporary Research in Quantum Systems, Nova, New York, 2014.
- S-Abu Dhabi: Towards Smart Capital City, 2016.
- Z. Ezziane, 3G Systems: Accounting Principles and Billing Models in: Encyclopedia of Wireless and Mobile Communications. B. Furht (Ed.) CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, pp. 1-13, 2007.
- Z. Ezziane, Artificial Intelligence and DNA Computing. In: Intelligent computing everywhere. A. Schuster (Ed.) Springer Verlag, Heidelberg, pp. 195-209, 2007.
- Z. Ezziane, The Impact of IT Governance Compliance on Enhancing Organizational Performance in Abu Dhabi. In: Strategic IT Governance and Alignment in Business Settings. S. De Haes and W. Van Grembergen (Eds.) IGI Global, pp. 209-236, 2016.
- Social Networking: A Tool for Enhancing E-Services, Modern Perspectives on Virtual Communities and Social Networking, 1-27, 2018.
- Z. Ezziane and P. Papadopoulos, “Managing Expats and Their Effectiveness: A Comparative Study,” Journal of Intercultural Management (JOIM), 12(1), 138-157, 2020.
- Z. Ezziane and N. Al Darmaki, “Organizing Energies from Different Cultures and Achieving Operational Excellence,” International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management (IJOQM), 24(1), 39-58, 2018.
- Z. Ezziane and L. Al Dhaheri, “Mobile Learning Technologies for 21st Century Educators: Opportunities and Challenges in the UAE,” International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organisation, 9(3), 218-239, 2015.
- Z. Ezziane and M. Dahi, “Measuring e-government adoption in Abu Dhabi with Technology Acceptance Model (TAM),” International Journal of Electronic Governance, 7(3), 206-231, 2015.
- Z. Ezziane and A. Al Kaabi, “Impact of Social Media towards improving Productivity at AADC, International Journal of Virtual Communities and Social Networking (IJVCSN),” 7(4), 1-22, 2015.
- Z. Ezziane, “Essential drugs production in BRICS: Opportunities and Challenges,” International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 3(7), 365–370, 2014.
- Z. Ezziane, “The Impact of Air Pollution on Low Birth Weight and Infant Mortality,” Reviews on Environmental Health (REVEH), 28(2-3), 107-115, 2013.
- Z. Ezziane and Abdulla Al Shamisi, “Improvement of the organizational performance through compliance with best practices in Abu-Dhabi,” International Journal of IT/Business Alignment and Governance, 4(2), 19-36, 2013.
- Z. Ezziane, “Entrepreneurship in Family Business: Emerging Storyline 2,” International Journal of Trade, Economies and Finance, 4(3): 164-167, 2013.
- Z. Ezziane and Asma AlBloushi, “Technological readiness of the UAE higher education institutions for the 21st century,” Journal of Education Learning, 2(4): 123-139, 2013.
- Z. Ezziane, “Pathways and complexity of innovation in health care,” Journal of Health Innovation and Integration, 3(1), 2, 2012.
- Z. Ezziane, “The Importance of Clinical Leadership in 21st Century Healthcare,” International Journal of Health Promotion and Education, 50(5), 261-269, 2012.
- Z. Ezziane, M. Maruthappu, L. Gawn, E. A. Thompson, T. Athanasiou, O. J. Warren, Building Effective Clinical Teams in Healthcare, Journal of Health Organization and Management, 26(4), 428-436, 2012.
- Z. Ezziane, “Analysis of the Hox Epigenetic Code,” World Journal of Clinical Oncology, 3(4), 48-56, 2012.
- N. N. Kachouie, P. Fieguth, D. Gamble, E. Jervis, Z. Ezziane, and A. Khademhosseini, “Constrained Watershed Method to Infer Morphology of Mammalian Cells in Microscopic Images,” Cytometry Part A, 77(12), pp. 1148-1159, 2010.
- Z. Ezziane, “Attempt to Design a Bio-Medical Knowledge Discovery System,” The International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, Inderscience, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.65-70, 2010.
- Z. Ezziane, “Quantum Computing Measurement and Intelligence,” The International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, Wiley, Vol. 110, pp. 981-992, 2010.
- Z. Ezziane, “Challenging Issues in Molecular Targeted Therapy,” Journal of Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management, Dove Medical Press, Vol. 5, pp. 239-245, 2009.
- Z. Ezziane, “The impact of Information Technology on Teaching and Learning, UAE Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 23-29, 2009.
- Z. Ezziane, “Molecular Docking and Analysis of a Survivin Delta-Ex3 Isoform Protein,” The Open Medicinal Chemistry Journal, Bentham Science Publishers, Vol. 2, pp. 16-20, 2008.
- Z. Ezziane, “Information Technology Literacy: Implications on Teaching and Learning,” Journal of Educational Technology & Society, International Forum of Educational Technology & Society, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 175-191, 2007.
- Z. Ezziane, “Experimental Comparison between Evolutionary Algorithm and Barycenter Heuristic for the Bipartite Drawing Problem,” Journal of Computer Science, Science Publications, Vol. 3, No. 9, pp. 717-722, 2007.
- Z. Ezziane, "DNA Computing: Applications and Challenges,” Nanotechnology, IOP, 17 R27-R39, 2006.
- Z. Ezziane, “Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Bioinformatics: A Review”, Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 2-10, 2006.
- Z. Ezziane, "Attempt to Design an Anywhere Bookshop for Mobile Users,” International Journal of Mobile Communications, Inderscience, Vol. 4., No. 1, pp. 34-46, 2006.
- Z. Ezziane, "Charging and Pricing Challenges for 3G Systems and Wireless Environments,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 58-68, 2005.
- Z. Ezziane, "Job Sequencing in an Evolutionary Paradigm”, Cybernetics and Systems: An International Journal, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 33, No. 2, 161-170, 2002.
- Z. Ezziane, "Introduction of Parallel Processing in the 8th. Puzzle Problem using Analogical Reasoning", International Journal of Intelligent Systems, Wiley, Vol. 17, No. 4, 381-390, 2002.
- Z. Ezziane, "Solving the 0/1 Knapsack Problem using an Adaptive Genetic Algorithm", Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing (AIEDAM) Cambridge University Press, Vol. 16, No. 1, 23-30, 2002.
- Z. Ezziane, "Evaluating Customer Service Performance in Warehousing Environments", Journal of Enterprise Information Management (formerly Logistics Information Management), Emerald, Vol. 13, No. 2, 90-93. March 2000.
- Z. Ezziane, "Learning Classifier System for Graph Coloring," Expert Systems: The International Journal of Knowledge Engineering and Neural Networks, Blackwell Publishing, Vol. 15, No. 4, 240-246. November 1998.
Papers in Peer-reviewed Journals:
Papers in Refereed Conference Proceedings:
- Z. Ezziane, E. Mazawi, & Benoit Leleux, “Entrepreneurship in Family Business: Emerging Storyline,” Keynote speaker at the 2nd Int’l Conf. on Economics and Management (ICEMM 2013), 19-20 January 2013, Dubai, UAE, pp. 1-5.
- Z. Ezziane, "Framework for efficient Stem Cell Generation, " Days of Molecular Medicine meeting entitled Human Genetics, Stem Cells and Physiology: The Future of Individualized Medicine, Harvard Medical School, May 7-9, 2009, Boston, MA, USA, pp. 29, Cell Press.
- Z. Ezziane, "Investigating Molecular Mechanisms of Survivin Isoform Delta-EX3 and H-RAS:Towards Anti-Cancer Drug Design,” First International Conference on Drug Design & Discovery, Chaired by Nobel Laureate Richard R. Ernst, 4-7, February 2008, Dubai, UAE.
- Z. Ezziane, "FraMeD: Framework for Bio-Medical Knowledge Discovery,” Proceedings of the SRO5 Congress, Conference on e-Learning and e-Research, paper # 561, October 26-28, 2008, Fes, Morocco.
- Z. Ezziane, "Towards an Ant Design for Autonomous Agents,” Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (Springer Verlag) vol. 4476, pp. 88-93, AIS-ADM-07, St. Petersburg, Russia, June 3-5, 2007.
- Z. Ezziane, "Designing Peer-To-Peer Agent Auctions Using an Object-Process Methodology,”
Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications (Advances in Intelligent IT, vol 138), Y. Li, M. Looi, N. Zhong (eds.), IOS Press, proceedings of AMT’06, Brisbane, Australia, June 7-9, 2006, pp. 92-98.
- Z. Ezziane, "Object-Process Methodology Applied to MultiAgent System Design,”
Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS’04), Porto, Portugal, April 13-17, 2004, pp. 455-462.
- Z. Ezziane, N. Werghi & B. Maktari, "TM.AN: Commanding the Power of Collaborative Task Management," Proceedings of The IEEE International Conference on E-Business and Telecommunication Networks (ICETE’04), Lisbon, Portugal, August 24-28, 2004, pp 268-274.
- Z. Ezziane & Tong Hong Xia, "Develop Wireless Application Using J2ME Wireless Technology,” Proceedings of the Seventh INFORMS (Institute for Operation Research and the Management Sciences) TELECOM, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, March 7-10, 2004, pp. 230-232.
- Z. Ezziane, "Minimizing Edge Crossing in Drawing Bipartite Graphs using EAs,” Proceedings of The 2003 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 23-26, 2003, pp. 776-782.