Dr Helen Brown is a Lecturer in Psychology. She teaches across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate modules and is the Associate Course Leader for the MSc Applied Child Psychology.
- MA in Psychology, University of St Andrews (2002-06)
- MSc in Reading, Language, and Cognition, University of York (2007-08)
- PhD in Psychology, University of York (2008-11)
- Research Assistant, School of Psychology, University of St Andrews (2006)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Psychology, University of York (2008-11)
- Research Assistant, Dept. of Psychology, University of Warwick (2012-13)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Dept. of Psychology, University of Warwick (2013-17)
Helen is interested in how languages are learned. In particular, she is interested in the role that sleep plays in consolidating new linguistic knowledge, and in the effects that the structure of the learning input have on language learning.