Your path to a great future
Maybe you’re looking for a different route into higher education, or a taster of uni life. You may be a mature student considering a return to education, or you have work or care commitments and you’re wanting to study closer to home.
At NTU in Mansfield we provide access to alternative routes in higher education where you can study qualifications, including higher national qualifications; foundation, top-up and bachelor (honours) degrees.
We've built qualifications with the local job market in mind. Each of our higher education courses is relevant, hands-on and work focused. Whether you want to become an engineer, nurse, paramedic, personal trainer, or entrepreneur, we’re here to help.
Why choose to study here?
- You’re taught by NTU academics, researchers and experts.
- You can access flexible study with block learning over two-three days a week.
- You’ll join a tight-knit and friendly community of academics and 400+ students.
- You’ll enjoy small class sizes for tailored support.
- Experience excellent links with local organisations for work experience, placements and projects.
- Access wider NTU services including student support, employability, and the students’ union.
- Access a great range of student benefits as an NTU student.
- Some courses offer progression into top-up degrees at other NTU campuses.
- Graduate with a university qualification from NTU.
Still time to apply for September 2023
It's not too late to apply to join us in September. We accept applications up to Friday 30 June 2023. View Mansfield courses below and apply.How to apply
Missed our open days? Don't worry you can still visit NTU in Mansfield. You can meet academics, take a guided tour of our facilities and find out more about studying here. Request a visit by calling 0115 848 6961 or email email@example.com.
You can apply to NTU in Mansfield courses through Clearing from Wednesday 5 July 2023. Sign up to NTU Priority to receive a great range of benefits to get you ahead in Clearing.Find out about Clearing 2023
The university hub
Our dedicated higher education hub is based 14 miles north of Nottingham city centre and is part of NTU’s campus network across Nottinghamshire. It’s a community-driven university site, established in 2020 and is a shared location with Vision West Nottinghamshire College, on the outskirts of Mansfield town. It’s a small, compact and self-contained facility, providing higher-level education in our local community.
Types of qualification
We offer a range of qualifications for specific disciplines.
- Bachelors degrees (or honours, styled as ‘Hons’) are Level 6 courses. We offer Bachelor of Arts, or BA (Hons) and Bachelor of Science, or BSc (Hons).
- Foundation degrees are standalone Level 5 courses and are equivalent to completing two years of a three-year degree. We offer a range of subjects as Foundation Degree in Arts (FdA) and Foundation Degree in Science (FdSc). You can choose to extend your studies to achieve a full degree with a top-up degree.
- Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQs) provide vocationally-focused training and skills for specific industries. Higher National Diplomas (HND) are Level 5 courses equivalent to two years of a degree. Higher National Certificates (HNC) are Level 4 and typically take about a year. Both routes offer the opportunity to top-up to a full degree. Find out more.
- Top-up degrees are Level 6 Bachelors degrees that turn qualifications like foundation degrees or Higher National Certificates into full degrees, through an additional year of study.
- Certificate in Higher Education (Cert HE) are Level 4 qualifications equivalent to one year of a degree, and typically related to a profession. These usually offer the opportunity to top-up to a full degree.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (ProfGCE) are teacher training programmes in the lifelong learning (post-16) sector.
Find out more
BA (Hons) Education and Professional Practice (Top-up)
Find out more
BA (Hons) Education and Professional Practice (Top-up) (Part-time)
Find out more
Cert HE / PGCE / ProfGCE Post-Compulsory Education and Training
Undergraduate / Postgraduate
Find out more
What's it like studying here?
Find out by watching our Mansfield Q&A on YouTube. You'll get to hear from those that know us best - the students.
Try our virtual tour and immerse yourself in life at NTU in Mansfield.
Student support services
We’re committed to getting you the right help from the right people, and ensuring that all of our students have the same opportunities to succeed.
If you require further support relating to Mental Health, Wellbeing, Disability, Dyslexia, Autism and DSA (Disabled Students Allowance), our dedicated student support team are available Tuesday - Friday and can offer sessions in person as well as remote.
Find guidance, resources and useful videos to help you with your application including researching options, the UCAS process and how to write a stand-out personal statement.
Funding your studies
There are many ways to cover the cost of your study. Learn more about tuition fees, loans, bursaries, scholarships and other funding.
Student accommodation and travel
If you’re looking for student accommodation, we provide two properties in the local area of Mansfield and have various student residences in Nottingham city. For students travelling in from the Nottingham there is a 30% discount off bus travel when showing your NTU student ID card.
The Alumni and Industry Fellowship Programme launches at NTU Mansfield
Wed 18 Jan 2023
Government cash boost towards cutting-edge training centre for green skills
Mon 19 Dec 2022
Shadow Minister for Higher Education and Shadow Minister for Skills and Further Education visit NTU’s Hub in Mansfield
Thu 13 Oct 2022
Nottingham Trent University partners with Pearson to deliver new Higher Technical Qualifications
Thu 31 Mar 2022
NTU Mansfield Challenge week with The Pythian Club and YMCA – Tackling issues surrounding young people in the community
Wed 30 Mar 2022
Got a question about study at NTU in Mansfield? Get in touch through our enquiry form, or chat online with students and staff.