Why choose Nottingham Institute of Education at NTU?
- Courses and research spanning all phases of learning and development — from the early years, right through to adult education.
- Reputation that sets us apart. We’re known for cutting-edge, research-informed teaching, and unparalleled industry connections.
- Learn at the forefront of your industry, from people with first-hand professional experience of the sector you’ll be entering.
- Specially designed teaching rooms simulating classrooms to prepare you for teaching.
- Placements and work-based opportunities through our extensive network of hundreds of partner schools and institutions.
Our Research Groups and Centres
Education Policy and Practice Research Group
The Education Policy and Practice research group is interested in the intersections between education policy, practice and pedagogy. We promote and facilitate research, knowledge exchange, evaluation and consultancy expertise across a wide range education settings and organisations.
Education, Motivation and Learning Research Group (EDMAL)
The aim of the Education, Motivation and Learning (EDMAL) Group is to promote and support research examining the experiences of students across the educational lifespan, with a view to understanding how to improve their learning and motivation.
Centre for Research in Language, Education and Developmental Inequalities
The Centre for Research in Language, Education and Developmental Inequalities (CLEDI) is an interdisciplinary research centre which aims to understand different perspectives of language and education (at child, family, school, and community levels).
More from Education
Are you interested in becoming a teacher? Find out about Teacher Training courses at NTU.
Nottingham Institute of Education blog
Members of our experienced team share their expertise and opinion on a wide range of teaching topics such as policy changes, tips for teachers, research and more.
Working with Nottingham Institute of Education
Services to Early Years Settings, Schools, Colleges and Training Providers.