Our animation facilities are based in the Waverley building – a beautifully restored, listed building with real design heritage – the original home of the Nottingham School of Art. You’ll get first-hand experience of what it’s like to work in industry with access to an extensive range of facilities including dedicated moving-image studios, Cintiq drawing stations and games console laboratories.
Animation facilities and equipment include:
- high-end 3D workstations with Xeon processors and NVIDIA Quadro graphics cards
- Wacom Cintiq 27” HD touch drawing screens
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Autodesk Entertainment Creation suite of software, including Maya, 3ds Max, and Mudbox
- TVPaint software
- CelAction2D digital puppet software
- Dragonframe stop motion software and associated hardware such as tripods, lights and DSLR cameras with a range of EF and EF-S lenses
- professional audio booths fully equipped for sound recording, foley, and composing.
You’ll also have the opportunity to use resources from across the School of Art & Design and the wider University, including Boningtons Art Shop, Bonington Gallery, and Café Bonington.
What our students think of our facilities:..
“I love the facilities that are available to us on the course. Our Animation-specific facilities include over 30 Cintiq drawing stations, TVPaint software and an Adobe Suite. We also have access to audio booths where we can record audio for our animations. The Students’ Union is a great place to relax and socialise with friends, or on your own. There are different areas and floors perfect for when you need to find a comfortable place to sit and study.”
“At a course level, I don’t think it gets much better than the workspaces available in the Waverley building. We have access to Wacom Cintiq tablets, sound booths, green screens and a huge studio space. The Bonington Shop is pretty impressive because it provides anything you could need from sewing to painting - covering all art and design needs. It is heaven for any art student!”
- Subject area: Art and design
- Category: Teaching facilities
- Location: City Campus