This one year top-up degree will equip you with the knowledge of business theory and with the core management skills to successfully engage with a globalized and ever-changing business environment.
This course focuses on regional and global business environments and provides an international perspective in functions such as marketing, operations, management and leadership. It also gives you the opportunity to study a foreign language putting you ahead of majority of your graduate peers.
This course is only available for students from specific international partner institutions whose curriculum has been previously approved by Nottingham Business School. For enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) degree in International Business and Management. This course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) providing our students with a dual-award status.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) providing our students with a dual-award status.
Study a foreign language and put yourself ahead of the majority of your graduate peers.
- Global Business in a Changing World
- International Strategic Management
- Developing Professional Impact
- Research Project
You will pick two out of the below options:
- Business English or Other Language
- Comparative International Management
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- International Development Economics
- Global Supply Chain Strategy
- International Marketing and Communications
You will also study a core module supporting your study skills. This module bears no credit points.
- Business Information Communication and Learning
How you’re taught
How will I learn?
We use a mixture of interactive teaching methods including traditional lectures and seminars, IT workshops, guest lectures, problem-based learning and group discussions and presentations.
How will I be assessed?
Each module on the course is assessed in a variety of ways, including written examinations, reports, essays, group work, presentations, and research projects.
Careers and employability
Many graduates of the BA (Hons) International Business Management (Top Up) enter employment at a junior managerial level in the UK or overseas. The positions they have obtained have been in functional areas such as finance, treasury, marketing, public relations, personnel, or logistics of corporations whose activities have an 'international' character.
Other opportunities exist with consultancy companies; media companies; industry bodies; governmental departments and international authorities, including those involved in trade facilitation, diplomatic and foreign affairs, economic research, international relations, and national promotional activities. Strong academic foundations and international know-how combine to make attractive graduates with excellent all-round prospects.
This course has a Dual Award status with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). This means you will have the opportunity to gain the CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership.
Dedicated employability support
The University provides personalised and specialist career advice via our Employability Team. Our tailored advice can help you plan the steps you need to take to maximise your potential.
This course does not currently offer placements.
Campus and facilities
We are continually investing in our facilities, and transforming our learning and teaching environment to create an inspiring and innovative atmosphere.
Our School is based in the impressive Newton building on NTU's City Campus. The building was recently involved in a £90 million regeneration project on the site. The Grade II* listed building was transformed into an ultra-modern complex while keeping its historic beauty.
- You can take advantage of the Link Lounge, a space dedicated to Business School students, located in the Newton building.
- Access industry-standard software in our specialist Business Lab facility, as you work with live financial data from across the global markets.
- Explore your career prospects with the help of the University's Employability Team.
- You will benefit from spacious teaching rooms and lecture theatres and a variety of social spaces.
- Our Student Services Centre will also be on-hand should you need support.
- A new City Campus Students' Union building giving you an exceptional array of social, leisure and well-being facilities.
Our IT resource rooms and PC clusters are distributed across the City Campus, with PCs providing access to:
- Microsoft Office
- web browsing
- networked file storage
- high-speed online printing services
The University’s main resource room in the library is available 24 hours a day.
Book and library resources
In our library you will have access to an extensive and diverse range of books and periodicals that focus on specialist areas within business, Marketing, Finance, Economics and HRM. The library's OneSearch system provides access to all our:
- electronic resources
We have a liaison librarian who is available to give you detailed help in finding and using print and electronic resources. They can also help you with things such as Harvard referencing and research skills.
The location of the City Campus also means that you have easy access to:
- sports facilities
- student accommodation
- music venues
How to apply
This course is only available for students from specific international partner institutions whose curriculum has been previously approved by Nottingham Business School.
- You will need to register your interest to your home International Coordinator that you wish to study with us, who will then nominate you before our deadline of 30 April.
- After you have been nominated the International Coordinator at Nottingham Business School (NBS) will contact you directly with an email containing information on studying at NTU and your application form.
- You will need to ensure you complete and return the application form to NBS before the deadline of 30 May, you will also need to include a scanned copy of your passport, transcripts and proof of English proficiency (if you wish to secure NTU accommodation please submit your completed application form by 1 February).
- After NBS have received your completed application file and it has been approved by the NBS course leader, we will send you confirmation of your place including your NTU Student ID number.
This course is only available for students from specified partner institutions to come to Nottingham Business School for a year and receive a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) degree in International Business and Management.