We offer prestigious, competitive scholarships worth up to 50% to new international and European students. You must have an offer to study a full-time postgraduate course with us in September 2023 to apply for a scholarship. You'll find all the details and application advice on this page.
Regional and Subject Scholarships
Our regional and subject scholarships range from £4,000 to 50% of your tuition fee. We also offer GREAT scholarships in partnership with the British Council.
Public funding for postgraduate research is mainly provided by research councils who make awards directly to the University. Our Academic Schools also offer some research bursaries and studentships.
You can find out more information about these funding opportunities through our Doctoral School.
New scholarships in partnership between NTIC and NTU:
- Women in STEM Impact Scholarships: £3,000 award to students progressing to undergraduate degrees in STEM subjects at NTU (first year only).
- Sustainability Impact Scholarships: £3,000 award to students progressing to sustainability-related undergraduate degrees at NTU (first year only).
NTIC Distinction Scholarships
NTIC also offer scholarships which are awarded according to your achievements at the College.
Terms and Conditions: NTU & NTIC Impact Scholarships
NTU & NTIC Impact Scholarships – Women in STEM and The Sustainability Scholarship
- To be eligible for an NTU & NTIC Impact Scholarship, you must have an offer of a place on an eligible NTU undergraduate course with progression from Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC) and be classed as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes (‘international student’).
- Eligible NTU undergraduate courses include all courses in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths or which are a sustainability-related degree, and which are eligible for progression from courses at NTIC.
- Courses excluded include postgraduate courses, SQE preparation courses, PGDL, LPC, BTC, distance learning and exchange students.
- Please do not apply for these scholarships through NTU. Please submit your application through NTIC/Kaplan and agree to the terms and conditions when you apply. You can apply on the NTIC Kaplan website Impact Scholarships.
- These scholarships are for international applicants through NTIC only. Please visit ntu.ac.uk/scholarships for information on scholarships for UK students or other international scholarships from NTU.
- If you have already commenced your NTIC pathway programme or degree at NTU you cannot apply for these scholarships.
- Applicants must be an international student starting a new undergraduate course of study at NTU having progressed from NTIC. We cannot consider applications from international students who were previously enrolled on a course of study at NTU before January 2023.
- This scholarship can be combined with the NTIC/NTU Early Payment Discount. If you pay at least £1,000 towards your NTU fees before the stated deadline we will automatically deduct £500 from your first year tuition fee only – please refer to the terms and conditions of this fee discount. Therefore, the total award combined will be £3,500 and this will be deducted from your NTU fees.
- This scholarship can also be combined with the Distinction Scholarship which is a yearly payment to the student of £1000 per year, except for placement year, for those students who achieve 70% or above in their NTIC subject.
- International students who receive sponsorship (your tuition fees are being paid by an employer, government, or funding body in full or in part) are not eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- You are only eligible for this scholarship if you are an international student and are due to enrol on the first year of a course (or year 2 of an undergraduate course in the case of advanced entry) in September 2023 or beyond having progressed from NTIC.
- If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reduction from NTU you will only be eligible for the higher award (except for candidates who are awarded a Sport Scholarship, the Early Payment Discount or NTIC Distinction Scholarship).
- If you are awarded the scholarship this will be for the first year of your undergraduate study.
- If you transfer to a different NTU course before progressing from NTIC to NTU the scholarship will be transferable if the course is eligible within this scheme.
- Applicants will be informed whether they have (or have not) been awarded a scholarship by NTIC/Kaplan. Kaplan will notify scholarship applicants of the outcome of their application by email within 4 weeks of the scholarship application deadline.
- If you are successful, you will be notified of this scholarship before joining NTIC, however the NTU part of the award is a fee reduction which will be applied to the NTU tuition fee when an applicant meets the conditions of their course offer and is eligible to enrol on the NTU degree course.
- To be awarded this scholarship when you progress to NTU you must achieve a 70% overall grade or above at NTIC.
- Unless otherwise specified, scholarships will be applied as a one-off discount to your tuition fee. No cash alternative or other substitution shall be permitted.
- Scholarships are competitive and selection is based on the information provided on the scholarship application form. It is particularly important that you give your scholarship statement careful thought and preparation.
- NTU’s decision in all matters relating to the scholarship is final.
- If your scholarship application is successful, we may ask you to become a student ambassador, or to appear in online and / or printed marketing materials for NTU. For example, providing a student profile and a photograph which may be used to promote NTU and NTU’s scholarship schemes and courses. Your name and course will be printed in the Scholarships Awards Celebration scheme. If you do not wish us to use your data in this manner, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you fail to complete your course and choose to retake the course or undertake another eligible course, any scholarship you were awarded will not be applicable.
- If you fail to complete your course and the scholarship was not applied (i.e. you did not pay the tuition fees, or the tuition fees were reimbursed) then subject to the eligibility criteria, the scholarship may be available should you choose to retake the course or undertake another eligible course. You must re-apply for the scholarship.
- If you withdraw from your course while owing a proportion of your tuition fees to NTU, application of the scholarship shall be at the discretion of NTU, and the scholarship may be withdrawn.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to another person.
- If you are awarded a scholarship and you decide to defer your offer to the next intake, your scholarship cannot be carried forward or deferred.
- NTU reserves the right to withdraw or amend any scholarship due to availability.
- The scholarships are awarded at NTU’s discretion. NTU’s decision regarding the scholarship application outcome is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- NTU reserves the right to refuse a scholarship application or award to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Chevening is the UK government’s global leadership programme, offering fully-funded scholarships and fellowships to study a one-year taught master's degree at a UK institution. To find out more and to see if you're eligible, please see the Chevening website.
Commonwealth Master's Scholarships
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for candidates from eligible Commonwealth countries to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university. To find out more and to see if you're eligible, please see the Commonwealth website.
Entente Cordiale Scholarships
The British Council in France have announced a number of scholarships for French students to study in the UK in 2022. The Entente Cordiale scholarships are aimed at those wanting to undertake law or environmental studies in the UK.
Please note we cannot waive your £3000 advanced payment when you apply for any of these external scholarships. Provided your only remaining condition is the £3000 advanced payment, you can request an academic unconditional offer letter. This will be accepted by the awarding body as an unconditional offer letter for your scholarship application.
Please email email@example.com to request an offer letter.