Postgraduate Masters Scholarship for UK students
We are delighted to offer a number of postgraduate scholarships that are worth up to half the value of your tuition fee.
This scholarship scheme is competitive and we award scholarships to the applicants who most closely meet or exceed the criteria for the award. The scholarship decision is made by an awarding committee and all decisions of that awarding committee are final.
You need to have been made an offer to study with NTU on an eligible course before applying for a scholarship.
The scholarship will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are awarded a scholarship, your fee is adjusted before you enrol. If you are a part-time student, your fee is adjusted proportionally at the start of each academic year.
Terms and conditions for the Postgraduate Masters Scholarship for UK students
- To be eligible for consideration for a UK scholarship, applicants must:
- have been offered a place on an eligible course (excluding MBA, EMBA, GDL, LPC, BTC and exchange students); and
- be classed as an UK student for tuition fee purposes.
- Please do not send your scholarship application before or with your application to study at NTU. You must have received an offer of a place on an eligible course with NTU before submitting your scholarship application.
- This scholarship is open to UK applicants only. Please visit www.ntu.ac.uk/internationalscholarships for further information on scholarships for International students.
- Students who receive sponsorship (i.e. some or all of your tuition fees are being paid) by their employers, government or a funding body are not eligible to apply for this scholarship award.
- Applicants may only apply for a scholarship once per academic year per offer of a place on a qualifying course.
- Applicants are only eligible to apply for a scholarship if they are due to enrol on the first year of a course in September 2021 or January 2022.
- Applicants must be a UK student starting a new postgraduate course. NTU cannot consider applications from students who are currently studying at NTU unless progressing onto a new postgraduate course.
- Applications received after 16:00 GMT (4 pm) on the day of the deadline will automatically be considered for the next available deadline. For example, application forms submitted after the first deadline and before the second deadline, will be considered for the second deadline.
- Applications received after the final deadline will not be considered.
- This application form is for eligible postgraduate taught master’s courses only. Please do not use this form to apply for research funding.
- If you have been made an offer of a place to study on a one year full-time or two year part-time postgraduate master’s course, scholarships of up to a maximum of half the tuition fee are available.
- The scholarship will be awarded as a tuition fee reduction. If you are awarded a scholarship, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol. If you are a part-time student, your fee will be adjusted proportionally at the start of each academic year.
- If you have been made an offer of a place to study on a one year full-time or two year part-time postgraduate Masters course, or a two year full-time postgraduate Masters course which incorporates a year-long work placement and you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or fee reduction from the University in addition to the Postgraduate Masters scholarship, the maximum amount awarded will not exceed half the tuition fee, with the exception of candidates who are awarded a full-fee scholarship or Sport Scholarship.
- The scholarship is not transferable and will not be awarded if you choose to defer your entry to a different start date, or if you choose to transfer to a different course at the University. Students must re-apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants will be informed whether they have (or have not) been awarded a scholarship (and of the value of the scholarship award if they have been awarded) within four weeks of the application deadline dates.
- The scholarship will be awarded when an applicant accepts their scholarship offer, accepts and meets the conditions of their course offer, and are eligible to enrol on the course. If you do not formally accept the scholarship within the deadline when requested, then the University reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship and award the scholarship to another candidate.
- Scholarships are competitive, and selection is based on the information provided on the scholarship application form. It is, therefore, of great importance that you give your scholarship statement careful thought and preparation, and that you refer to the criteria provided.
- If your scholarship application is successful, we may ask you to become a student ambassador, or appear in online and / or printed marketing materials for the University. For example, providing a student profile and a photograph which may be used to promote the University and the University’s scholarship schemes and courses. Your name and course will be printed in the Scholarships Awards Celebration Programme. If you do not wish for us to use your data in this manner, please notify us as soon as possible by emailing NTU.firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event that a student who has been awarded a scholarship fails to complete an eligible course or withdraws from the course and chooses to retake the course or undertake another eligible course then the scholarship will not be applied again, regardless of the reason for doing so. Students must re-apply for the scholarship.
- Should a student withdraw from their course whilst owing a proportion of their tuition fees to NTU, application of the scholarship shall be at the discretion of NTU and the scholarship may be withdrawn.
- The University’s decision in all matters relating to the scholarship is final.
Deadlines for applying to the Postgraduate Masters Scholarship for UK students
Applications received after 16:00 GMT (4pm) on the day of the deadline will automatically be considered for the next available deadline. For example, application forms submitted after the first deadline and before the second deadline, will be considered for the second deadline.
Applications received after the final deadline will not be considered.
Timings are in GMT:
|Course start date||Deadline for scholarship application|
|September 2021||13 January 2021 at 4 pm|
|September 2021||17 February 2021 at 4 pm|
|September 2021||24 March 2021 at 4 pm|
|September 2021||12 May 2021 at 4 pm|
|September 2021||30 June 2021 at 4 pm (final deadline)|
|January 2022||13 October 2021 at 4 pm|
|January 2022||10 November 2021 at 4 pm (final deadline)|
Our privacy statement explains what types of personal information will be gathered when you visit our website(s) or use our digital services, and how this information will be used.