Postgraduate Masters Scholarship for UK students
We are delighted to offer a number of postgraduate scholarships that are worth up to half the value of your tuition fee.
This scholarship scheme is competitive, and we award scholarships to the applicants who most closely meet or exceed the criteria for the award. The scholarship decision is made by an awarding committee and all decisions of that awarding committee are final.
You need to have been made an offer to study with NTU on an eligible course before applying for a scholarship.
The scholarship will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are awarded a scholarship, your fee will be adjusted at the point of enrolment. If you are a part-time student, your fee will be adjusted proportionally at the start of each academic year.
Terms and conditions for the Postgraduate Masters Scholarship for UK students
1.To be eligible to apply for the UK Postgraduate Masters scholarship, applicants must:
- have been offered a place on an eligible postgraduate course (excluding GDL, LPC, BTC, all distance learning/online-only courses and exchange students); and
- be classed as a Home student for tuition fee purposes.
2. Please do not send your scholarship application before or with your application to study at NTU. You must have received an offer of a place on an eligible course and been allocated an NTU ID number before submitting your scholarship application.
3. To apply for this scholarship you must be classed as a Home student for tuition fees purposes. Please visit www.ntu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-and-fees/scholarships for information on the scholarships available for International students.
4. Students who receive sponsorship (i.e., some or all of your tuition fees are being paid for) by their employers, government or a funding body are not eligible to apply for this scholarship award.
5. Applicants may only apply for this scholarship once per academic year per offer. The offer of a place must be on an eligible course.
6. Applicants are only eligible to apply for a scholarship if they are due to enrol on the first year of an eligible course starting in September 2022 or January 2023.
7. Applicants must be starting a new postgraduate course. NTU cannot consider applications from students who are currently studying at NTU unless progressing onto a new postgraduate course.
8. Applications received after 16:00 GMT (4 pm) on the day of the deadline will automatically be considered for the next available deadline where possible. For example, application forms submitted after the first deadline and before the second deadline, will be considered for the second deadline.
9. Applications received after 16:00 GMT (4pm) on the final deadline date will not be considered.
10. This application form is for eligible postgraduate taught master’s courses only. Please do not use this form to apply for undergraduate scholarships or research funding.
11. This scholarship will be awarded as a tuition fee reduction, with up to a maximum of 50% of your tuition fee available.
12. If you are awarded a scholarship, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol. If you are a part-time student, your fee will be adjusted proportionally at the start of each academic year.
13. If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or fee reduction from the University in addition to the UK Postgraduate Masters scholarship, the maximum amount awarded will not exceed half the tuition fee, with the exception of candidates who are awarded a full-fee scholarship or Sport Scholarship.
14. The scholarship is not transferable and will not be awarded if you choose to defer your entry to a different start date, or if you choose to transfer to a different course at the University. Students must re-apply for the scholarship for their new course, if it is still available.
15. If you change your mode of study (FT/PT/SW) only, but stay on the same course, you do not have to reapply for the scholarship.
16. Applicants will be informed whether they have (or have not) been awarded a scholarship (and of the value of the scholarship award if they have been awarded) within four weeks of the application deadline date.
17. The scholarship will be awarded when an applicant accepts their scholarship offer, accepts, and meets the conditions of their course offer, and is eligible to enrol on the course. If you do not formally accept the scholarship within the deadline when requested, then the University reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship and award it to another candidate.
18. Scholarships are competitive, and selection is based on the information provided on the scholarship application form. It is, therefore, of great importance that you give your scholarship statements careful thought and preparation, and that you refer to the criteria provided on the application form.
19. If your scholarship application is successful, we may ask you to become a student ambassador, or appear in online and / or printed marketing materials for the University. For example, providing a student profile and a photograph which may be used to promote the University and the University’s scholarship schemes and courses. Your name and course will be printed in the Scholarships Awards Celebration Programme. If you do not wish for us to use your data in this manner, please notify us as soon as possible by emailing NTU.firstname.lastname@example.org
20. In the event that a student who has been awarded a scholarship and it has been applied to their tuition fees fails to complete an eligible course, withdraws from the course or chooses to retake the course or undertake another eligible course, then the scholarship will not be applied again, regardless of the reason for doing so.
If a student fails to complete an eligible course and the scholarship was not applied at any time before or during the course (i.e. the student did not enrol and did not pay the tuition fees, or where the tuition fees were reimbursed in full) then subject to the eligibility criteria, the student may apply for the scholarship again should the student choose to retake the course or undertake another eligible course.
21. Should a student take an agreed, temporary leave of absence from their course within an academic year, the scholarship will still be valid when they return to their course, provided the course or any year of that course is not started again from the beginning.
22. Should a student withdraw from their course whilst owing a proportion of their tuition fees to NTU, application of the scholarship shall be at the discretion of NTU and the scholarship may be withdrawn.
23. NTU may at any point in time close to new scholarship applications where a course is full and has been closed to new applications.
24. The University’s decision in all matters relating to the scholarship is final.
Deadlines for applying to the Postgraduate Masters Scholarship for UK students
Applications received after 16:00 GMT (4pm) on the day of the deadline will automatically be considered for the next available deadline. For example, application forms submitted after the first deadline and before the second deadline, will be considered for the second deadline.
Applications received after the final deadline will not be considered.
Timings are in GMT:
|Course start date||Deadline for scholarship application|
|September 2022||12 January 2022 at 4 pm|
|September 2022||16 February 2022 at 4 pm|
|September 2022||16 March 2022 at 4 pm|
|September 2022||11 May 2022 at 4 pm|
|September 2022||29 June 2022 at 4 pm (final deadline)|
|January 2023||12 October 2022 at 4 pm|
|January 2023||9 November 2022 at 4 pm (final deadline)|
Our privacy statement explains what types of personal information will be gathered when you visit our website(s) or use our digital services, and how this information will be used.