We offer prestigious, competitive scholarships to new international and European students. If you have an offer to study with us in September 2021 or January 2022, you can apply. You'll find details on this page, with application advice, deadlines, and terms and conditions.
How to apply
Applying for your scholarship is simple.
Just complete one application form and we'll assess you for all scholarships open to you.
You need to have an offer to study with us before you can apply for your scholarship.
We offer more than one deadline to help with your application planning for studying here.
Courses starting September 2021:
- Wednesday 24 March 2021 (16:00 GMT)
- Wednesday 12 May 2021 (16:00 GMT)
- Final deadline: Wednesday 30 June 2021 (16:00 GMT)
Courses starting January 2022:
- Wednesday 13 October 2021 (16:00 GMT)
- Final deadline: Wednesday 10 November 2021 (16:00 GMT)
Undergraduate and postgraduate international applicants
Terms and conditions for international scholarships
- To be eligible for consideration for an international scholarship, you must have been offered a place on an eligible course (excluding GDL, LPC, BTC and exchange students); and be classed as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes (“International Student”).
- Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC) progression students are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Please do not send your scholarship application before or with your application to study at NTU. You must have received an offer of a place on an eligible course with NTU before submitting your scholarship application.
- These scholarships are for international applicants only. Please visit ntu.ac.uk/scholarships for information on scholarships for UK applicants.
- If you are studying at an institution that has a partnership agreement with NTU you may be eligible to receive an automatic partnership tuition fee discount – you may still apply for the Postgraduate Masters Scholarships for up to 50% of your tuition fees and should do so using this application form. However, you cannot combine the automatic partnership tuition fee discount with the Postgraduate Masters Scholarship. If you are awarded a Postgraduate Masters scholarship of up to 50% of the tuition fee you will not be eligible to receive the automatic partnership tuition fee discount. If you are not awarded a Postgraduate Masters scholarship you will automatically receive the partnership tuition fee discount.
- International students who receive sponsorship (i.e. some or all of your tuition fees are being paid) by an employer, government or a funding body (full / part) are not eligible to apply for this scholarship award.
- Applicants may only apply for a scholarship once per academic year per offer of a place on a qualifying course.
- Applicants are only eligible to apply for a scholarship if you are an international student and are due to enrol on the first year of a course (or year 2 or 3 of an undergraduate course in the case of advanced entry) in January or September 2021 or January 2022. International students enrolled prior to January 2021 and due to progress onto the second, third or fourth year their course of study at NTU in September 2021 or January 2022 or repeating the first year of study are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be an international student starting a new course of study at NTU. We cannot consider applications from international students who were enrolled on a course of study at NTU prior to January 2021 unless they are progressing onto a new course of study at NTU.
- Applications received after the 16:00 GMT (4 pm) deadline will automatically be considered for the next available deadline. For example, application forms submitted after the first deadline and before the second deadline, will be considered for the second deadline.
- Applications received after the final deadline will not be considered.
- This application form is for eligible undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses only. Please do not use this form to apply for research funding.
- International students who make an application for a scholarship and are not successful will automatically be considered for any other scholarship for which they may be eligible.
- The scholarship(s) will be applied as a reduction tuition fee in the first year of study at NTU. If you are awarded a scholarship, your tuition fee will be adjusted before you enrol. If you are a part-time student your tuition fee will be adjusted proportionally at the start of each academic year.
- If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reduction from NTU the maximum scholarship awarded will not exceed 50% of the tuition fee, with the exception of candidates who are awarded a Sport Scholarship.
- If you have been made an offer of a place to study on a one year full-time or two year part-time postgraduate Masters course, or a two year full-time postgraduate Masters course which incorporates a year-long work placement and you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reduction from NTU the maximum amount awarded will not exceed 50% of the tuition fee, with the exception of candidates who are awarded a Sport Scholarship.
- If you are awarded an Undergraduate Scholarship with an award for each year of study, the award will be deducted from your tuition fee at the start of each year. You must successfully complete each year of the course in order to continue to receive this. Scholarships are not applied when a placement year is undertaken but will resume for your final year of study.
- The scholarship is not transferable and will not be awarded if you choose to transfer to a different course of study at NTU.
- Applicants will be informed whether they have (or have not) been awarded a scholarship (and of the value of the scholarship award if they have been awarded) within four weeks of the application deadline dates.
- The scholarship will be applied to the tuition fee when an applicant accepts their scholarship offer, accepts and meets the conditions of their course offer, and are eligible to enrol on the course.
- Scholarships are competitive and selection is based on the information provided on the scholarship application form. It is, therefore, of great importance that you give your scholarship statement careful thought and preparation, and that you refer to the criteria provided.
- NTU’s decision in all matters relating to the scholarship is final.
- If your scholarship application is successful, we may ask you to become a student ambassador, or to appear in online and / or printed marketing materials for NTU. For example, providing a student profile and a photograph which may be used to promote NTU and NTU’s scholarship schemes and courses. Your name and course will be printed in the Scholarships Awards Celebration scheme. If you do not wish us to use your data in this manner, please notify us by emailing email@example.com.
- In the event that you are awarded a scholarship and fail to complete an eligible course which has received the scholarship and choose to retake the course or undertake another eligible course then the scholarship will not be applied again.
- In the event that you fail to complete a course and the scholarship was not applied (i.e. you did not pay the tuition fees, or the tuition fees were reimbursed) then subject to the eligibility criteria, the scholarship may be available should you choose to retake the course or undertake another eligible course. You must re-apply for the scholarship.
- If you withdraw from your course while owing a proportion of your tuition fees to NTU, application of the scholarship shall be at the discretion of NTU and the scholarship may be withdrawn.
- Eligible postgraduate Masters courses are Master level awards (full-time and part-time only). Excluded courses: LLM BTC, LLM LPC (full-time, part-time, distance learning), LLM (distance learning), MSc Human Resource Management (part-time), MA International Relations (Online), MA Social Work, MA Advanced Social Work Practice, MA Careers Leaders Training Programme, MArch Architecture, MSc Biomedical Science (flexible learning). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm whether your course is eligible for the scheme. NTU reserve the right to exclude other courses at their discretion. Errors and omissions accepted.
Last year, we awarded a scholarship to 590 students from 85 countries.
Undergraduate scholarships for international students
If you have an offer to study an eligible full-time undergraduate course with us in September 2021, you can apply for an international undergraduate scholarship.
Undergraduate scholarships available for September 2021 entry
Open to all new international undergraduate students:
- International Scholarships £2,000
- International Merit Scholarships £3,000
- Undergraduate Bachelors Scholarships 50% of tuition fee in the first year, £2,000 for subsequent years
- Undergraduate Scholarships £2,000 for each year of study
- Nottingham Law School Undergraduate Scholarships Bangladesh 50% fee
- Undergraduate Scholarship Sri Lanka £4,000 per year of study
Postgraduate scholarships for international students
If you have an offer to study an eligible full-time postgraduate course with us in September 2021 or January 2022, you can apply for a scholarship up to a value of half your tuition fee.
Postgraduate scholarships available for September 2021 and January 2022 entry
Open to all new international postgraduate students:
- International Scholarships £2,000
- International Merit Scholarships £3,000
- Postgraduate Masters Scholarships 25% of tuition fee
- Postgraduate Masters Scholarships 50% of tuition fee
- Serbia Scholarships £4,000
- Egypt Scholarships £4,000
- Indonesia Scholarships £4,000
- Jordan Scholarships £4,000
- Pakistan Scholarships £4,000
- Turkey Scholarships £4,000
- Vietnam Scholarships £4,000
- Myanmar Scholarships £4,000
- LLM South Asia Scholarship 50% fee
- LLM Vietnam Scholarship 50% fee
- LLM Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship 50% fee
British Council GREAT Scholarship - Final deadline: Wednesday 12 May 2021 (16:00 GMT):
- China GREAT Scholarship £10,000
- India GREAT Scholarship £10,000
- Indonesia GREAT Scholarship £10,000
- Malaysia GREAT Scholarship £10,000
- Pakistan GREAT Scholarship £10,000
- Thailand GREAT Scholarship £10,000
Other funding and scholarships
Chevening is the UK government’s global leadership programme, offering fully-funded scholarships and fellowships to study in the UK.
Chevening scholarships are open to applicants from over 160 countries and territories around the world, looking to study an eligible one year taught master’s degree at a UK institution.
To find out more and to see if you're eligible, please see the the Chevening website.
Postgraduate research funding
Public funding for postgraduate research is mainly provided by research councils who make awards directly to the University. Our Academic Schools also offer some research bursaries on a case by case basis.
You can find out more information about these funding opportunities through our Doctoral School.
Nottingham Trent International College Scholarship
If you're an NTIC student you're not eligible to apply for an NTU international scholarship.
However we do have a number of NTIC scholarships that you can apply for. These range from £500 to £1000 and are based on your achievement while at NTIC.
Find out more about our NTIC Scholarships.