2.00 miles to campus
- Standard Shared (44 weeks): £5,316.08 / year (£120.82/week)
- Enhanced Standard Shared (44 weeks): £5,460.84 / year (£124.11/week)
Costs are based on the 2023/24 academic year.
Please be aware that all images are an example. Decors and room styles may vary.
There are two room types at the Maltings: Standard Shared and Enhanced Shared. While Standard Shared rooms have single beds, Enhanced Shared rooms benefit from having Small Double beds, renovated communal areas and design features. Our Standard Shared rooms are located in the Phase 1 building to the South of the site, while Enhanced Shared rooms are located in the Phase 2 building to the North of the site. Please contact the residence directly for further information or images.
If living somewhere friendly and sociable is important to you, why not consider The Maltings? This gated residence is based around a former malt house. We include a free bus pass in your residence fees – we’re generous like that! The Maltings is served by the number 70 or 71 buses as well as Basford tram stop, or if you're feeling more energetic a 45-minute walk away from the City Campus. For Clifton students you can catch the 53 bus to Clifton Centre taking approx. 30 minutes.
You’ll share a flat with up to nine others, which makes for a great community feel. You’ll have your own washbasin and share a bathroom area with plenty of toilets and showers. There are common rooms here, too – great for chilling out in front of the TV or catching up with your mates.
Home at Halls social programme
Your experience in halls is about more than just a room. The Home at Halls programme – centred around UPP’s halls, gives access to 150+ free events including weekly socials, ‘do it together’ activity kits, celebrity speakers, cultural events, life skill sessions, competitions and giveaways. It's a great way to meet new people and try new things.
NTU Talks brings you seminars with well-known names. In the 2022/23 academic year, guests included Jamie Laing, Dr Alex George and GK Barry. It's a brilliant way to discuss important topics such as university life, business and mental health.
Free gym membership
Residents receive a free Pink Lite membership for NTU Sport. This provides:
- Gym access: 7am–12noon on weekdays, anytime at the weekend
- Facilities hire
- Access to City Sports Centre (NTU Student’s Union) and Clifton Sports Hub
- Fitness classes
- Discounted access to the University of Nottingham pool at the David Ross Sports Village
- Fitness service discounts
- Membership upgrades at a discounted price
We recommend that you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before booking a room in this residence, if you have a health condition or disability that will affect you living in halls.
- This residence has some ground floor rooms, of which some have level access.
- Medication fridges can be provided in individual rooms where medically necessary.
- There is parking at this residence operated by UPP, where a parking permit for the year is £220 and is free of charge for blue badge holders.
- This residence is served by an NCT bus route, you can see their accessibility information here.
- Rooms can be booked with a rumble pillow and flashing alarms for students with a hearing impairment.
- This residence does not have adapted rooms, however, grab rails may be able to be installed if required. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
The Maltings contact details
Telephone number: +44 (0) 115 908 2281
Email The Maltings
Residence 360 image
£5316.08 - £5651.80 per annum
£6970.04 - £6970.04 per annum