NTU Boxing aims to welcome anyone that is interested in boxing no matter their level and train them up to become a confident and strong fighter. As a club, we have two teams (basic and the advanced). The basic team is designed for beginners that want to build up their skills. The advanced team is for experienced boxers and aims to raise their abilities and give them the opportunity to fight. Represent
Our training is extremely varied with circuits and sparring being a couple of examples. All training sessions are run with a level-to-skill matching mindset through people of equal levels training together and intensity levels being personally set.
Rocky is the coach for the regular training sessions. He is the former Sri Lankan Olympic Boxing team coach.
Jawaid Khaliq is the coach for the advanced sessions. He is the former IBO (International Boxing Organisation) Welterweight World Boxing Champion.
Being part of the advanced team will give you the opportunity to be part of the ABA (Amateur British Association) and compete national and internationally. There will also be the opportunity to take part in BUCS (British University and College Sport), competing against other universities.
How to get involved
- Women only sessions: £85
- Beginner/Intermediate: £115
- Advanced: £130
Training times will be:
- Mondays 7 pm-8 pm - Women's Boxing/self defence (Sports hall, City campus)
- Mondays 8 pm-9.30 pm - Mixed Boxing/Strength and Conditioning(Sports hall, City campus)
- Tuesday/Thursday 7 pm-8.30 pm - Advanced training (Jawaid Khaliq Boxing Academy)
- Thursday 6 pm-7 pm - Beginners training (UFC Gym)
- Friday 5.30 pm-6.30 pm - Intermediate training (UFC Gym)
Club email: NTUBoxing@ntu.ac.uk