Welcome to Women's Hockey!
Women's hockey is one of NTU Sports designated performance programmes. As a performance programme, a selected squad of talented student athletes receive access to the following benefits:
- A programme lead by either a Full or Part Time Head of Sport/Head Coach
- Access to coach lead Strength & Conditioning programmes – both face to face in the High Performance Centre at Clifton Campus and via remote programming
- Free access to physiotherapy/sports therapy both via online consultation, face to face treatment and on pitch/on court support when returning to activity
- Free NTU Sport Performance kit
- Free off – peak membership to NTU Sport facilities
- Access to group interventions in sports psychology and sports lifestyle
We have 5 BUCS women’s teams who compete on a Wednesday at varying levels. Our 1st XI have been promoted to the top BUCS National league whilst our 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th teams are all competing at the top of their leagues.
We also have three additional teams playing on a Saturday, our 1st XI play at Midlands level and our 2nd & 3rd XI’s play at a competitive Nottinghamshire League level.
The 5 BUCS teams train once or twice a week with days and timings to be confirmed during freshers week.
The 1st XI have a supervised gym session (S&C) once a week and the 2nd team also have a S&C session once a week also.
Our Women's hockey Head Coach is Mark Wadsley (firstname.lastname@example.org) and our Head of Hockey is Colin Clarke (email@example.com)
How to join
We run taster sessions during Welcome Week at the start of each academic year. Keep an eye on our social media for updates or email us for more information .
Our one-off membership fee of £170 provides access to training during the week and the opportunity to play on a Wednesday as well as a Saturday.
You will also be required to purchase an NTU Sports Club membership in order to join our club.
NTU hockey offers regular games in organised leagues across the University. Enter your own team into the league or we can allocate you a team. These leagues offer weekly fixtures during term time, coordinated by NTU Sport staff and officiated by qualified match officials.
No NTU Sport membership is required. You simply pay the weekly fee each time you play.