Welcome to Table Tennis!
Table Tennis in one of NTU Sports' designated performance programmes. As a performance programme, a selected squad of talented student athletes receive access to the following benefits:
- A programme lead by either a Full or Part Time Head of Sport/Head Coach
- Access to coach lead Strength & Conditioning programmes – both face to face in the High Performance Centre at Clifton Campus and via remote programming
- Free access to physiotherapy/sports therapy both via online consultation, face to face treatment and on pitch/on court support when returning to activity
- Free NTU Sport Performance kit
- Free off – peak membership to NTU Sport facilities
- Access to group interventions in sports psychology and sports lifestyle
At NTU Table Tennis we aim to provide something for all abilities and levels. There are training sessions provided for players from beginner too advanced.
We have 5 Men’s and 3 Women’s teams compete in BUCS leagues and we also enter BUCS Nationals Individuals each year.
On top of Varsity where we take on the University of Nottingham, NTU has access to extra training opportunities to play alongside and train with members from Nottingham Sycamore Table Tennis Academy based at Carlton Lee Willows Table Tennis Centre and our players are given the chance to play in local league and British League event. On top of this, representing NTU, our men's 1st team came joint 9th in the European University Games last year.
Our group and one-to-one sessions depend on your ability and team and are held at Lee Westwood Sports Centre on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Our head coach is Jason Ramage (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to join
Joining is easy, we will be at the Freshers fair in September to speak and students can then meet at trials and sessions prior to joining. Joining table tennis allows you to:
- Represent NTU (it is such a great experience to compete in BUCS)
- Access kit, travel costs covered to matches, attend any club sessions and lets you book any extra training sessions in
- Run for committee
- Vote and have your say about the future table tennis committee
NTU Table Tennis shirts can be bought through the club once the affiliation fees have been paid. Shorts are needed for games, especially if playing in BUCS Leagues or other championships when representing NTU.
Memberships purchased at any point during the academic year are only valid until the end of term 3.
Playing table tennis doesn’t have to mean a big, long-term commitment, we run regular Play for Fun sessions that focus on making sport sociable, inclusive and enjoyable.
There is no requirement to join the club, all sessions must be booked in advance on the NTU Sport App.
Club email - NTUTableTennis@ntu.ac.uk
-Facebook - Facebook group
-Twitter - @TableTennisNTU
-Instagram - @ntutabletennis