Welcome to NTU Canoe Club!
NTU Canoe are one of NTU Sport designated performance programmes. As a performance programme, a selected squad of talented student athletes receive access to the following benefits:
- A programme lead by either a Full or Part Time Head of Sport/Head Coach
- Access to coach lead Strength & Conditioning programmes – both face to face in the High Performance Centre at Clifton Campus and via remote programming
- Free access to physiotherapy/sports therapy both via online consultation, face to face treatment and on pitch/on court support when returning to activity
- Free NTU Sport Performance kit
- Free off – peak membership to NTU Sport facilities
- Access to group interventions in sports psychology and sports lifestyle
NTU Canoe have a number of teams who take place in BUCS fixtures/competitions representing Nottingham Trent University. Teams who take part in BUCS training receive access too:
- Transport to away fixtures/events across the country
- Priority access to training sessions, held where possible on NTU facilities
- Support from the NTU Sport Co-ordinator in the organisation and facilitation of all elements of fixtures/event organisation
As a member of the club you will receive access to one of the UK’s best whitewater facilities; Holme Pierrepont, a grade 3 course as well as professional training allowing you to build your skills towards a BCU star qualification. Indoor sessions are to be held at a 30 meter pool in Nottingham where we develop skills and techniques and practice canoe polo tactics.
NTU Canoe currently compete in BUCS WWR, BUCS slalom & BUCS Canoe Polo.
Volunteer coaches provide expert training, support and guidance to ensure that everyone is able to reach their full potential and get the most out of canoeing.
The Club have a new Coach Called David Beecroft who is a level 2 UKCC coach and a White Water Kayak Leader.
Weekly Sessions (Weather permitting):
Wednesday-13:00-15:00 (National Watersports centre)
Thursdays-18:30 -19:30 (Nottingham High School swimming pool)
How to join
We recommend swimwear for our indoor sessions with a top. For outdoors we suggest a wet suit or thermals. If you don’t have these we have a range of cags you can use.
An annual fee to join is £80 which can be payed online via the NTU Sport website.