Cancel your membership
Find out how to cancel your NTU Sport membership, how to request a refund, if you can get a refund, and what usage charges you may have to pay when you cancel.
Cancellations for Direct Debit
One calendar month notice is required for cancelling all Direct Debit NTU Sport memberships.
Please fill out this form to cancel your monthly membership. Make sure to tick the box at the bottom of the form to receive an email receipt of your answers.
Your membership will continue unless and until you cancel.
When purchasing an NTU Sport membership please note that you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions .
Request a refund
Membership refund decisions can't be made within facilities by an NTU Sport staff member. All refund requests need to be placed in writing by the membership holder. You must email NTU Sport to do this.
Please allow 7 working days to receive a response, this is to allow us time to review your request and assess eligibility.
Only upfront paid memberships are eligible for a refund when the below criteria is met:
- Membership has been purchased less than 14 days before cancellation request has been submitted and has not been used.
- You are withdrawing from your studies or employment at Nottingham Trent University – a signed and confirmed leave of absence letter from the University will be required to support the refund request.
- You are currently unable to exercise due to medical reasons – a current signed doctors letter stating your name and full explanation of why you are not able to train will be required to support the refund request. We cannot accept letters that are dated prior to the date your membership was purchased.
Those that are eligible to receive a refund will be informed of the amount they are entitled to receive back after usage fees have been deducted.
Usage fee charges
All refunds will incur any usage of our facilities or services.
Any refunds eligible after the 14 day cooling off period will be deducted the following usage fees:
- Any usage in the first month will be deducted at the pay as you go price per visit to the fitness suites, fitness classes or courts.
- Any usage after the first month will be deducted at the monthly pro rata fee for the period used from date of purchase, or the cost of the term depending when the request is made.