Our Clean Sport Commitment
All sporting participants have the right to compete in Clean Sport.
Nottingham Trent University adopts the UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) and World Anti- Doping Agency (WADA) position that cheating, including doping, in sport is fundamentally contrary to the spirit of sport, undermining the otherwise positive impact of sport on society.
To this end, Nottingham Trent University commits to support Clean Sport in the UK in the following ways:
- Nottingham Trent University supports the mission of UK Anti-Doping and WADA in achieving Clean Sport.
- All athletes are expected to play, train and compete in line with the spirit of sport, including the Anti-Doping rules.
- All coaches and athlete support personnel are expected to perform their role in line with the spirit of sport, including the Anti-Doping rules.
- Nottingham Trent University is committed to supporting the prevention of doping behaviour in the UK in collaboration with other sporting bodies
- Employed and associated ‘staff’ will not condone, assist or in any way support the use of prohibited substances and methods (unless permitted by a Therapeutic Use Exemption) in any aspects of their work.
- Breaches of this, or any rules/policies referred to in Nottingham Trent Universities own code of practice/conduct will be acted upon accordingly.
- All employed and associated staff will be expected to contact UK Anti-Doping should they become aware of an athlete or NGB member using or considering the usage of a prohibited substance or prohibited method. This contact should be done in confidence on the dedicated confidential Report Doping in Sport line.
- Nottingham Trent University will uphold any sanctions placed upon an athlete by UK Anti-Doping or other associated body in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code.
How we support Clean Sport
Nottingham Trent University's Department of Sport (NTU Sport) is a top 15 British University and Colleges Sport (BUCS) establishment and integral to sport in the UK, providing our students with health, fitness and sporting opportunities.
This includes participation, development and high-performance levels of sport to over 10,000 students, across 60+ sports clubs and a wide array of extracurricular activities.
We also operate in partnership with a number of Sporting Organisations (including BUCS and TASS) National Governing Bodies (including GB Rowing, British Canoeing, the FA and the RFU), Amateur and Professional sports clubs (including Nottingham Wildcats, Nottingham RFC and Nottingham Forest FC). Our partnerships and elite level athletes require us to operate to the highest levels in all areas of support, with Anti-Doping education and ‘Clean Sport’ at the heart of our values.
NTU Sport is committed to providing a ‘Clean Sport’ environment for all by protecting the integrity and legitimacy of sport. We educate, instil and promote within our environment, staff and students, the values that UKAD and the ‘Spirit of Sport’ uphold.
Want to speak to us?