Practical Marketing Skills
- Level(s) of Study: Professional / Short course
Available at no cost to eligible individuals (see criteria below).*
- Start Date(s): 14 September 2023
- Duration: Four sessions - Online
- Study Mode(s): Short course
- Campus: City Campus
Please note: This course is delivered through the Smart and Inclusive Leadership project, which is part funded by the European Social Fund. Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is pleased to offer free (fully funded) places on this course to support employees of small and medium businesses that are based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire.
Over four half-day sessions, this course will increase your marketing knowledge to ensure that you have the right skills to attract and engage with your audiences and stand out from the competition!
This course would suit someone working in communiations or marketing.
What you’ll study
As a result of completing the course, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Apply the core principles of marketing to your workplace.
- Identify the right elements of the marketing mix.
- Prepare and manage a marketing plan that will positively influence customer behaviour.
- Access and analyse internal and external business intelligence and factors that may impact future operations.
- Work effectively in a group and display teamwork.
- Organise and manage your work and learning time online and offline.
What you'll gain:
Practical Marketing Skills is a Level 3 Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accredited course. By signing up, you’ll receive a one-year CIM membership and can take a timed assessment which will give you 12 credit points towards a full CIM qualification.
Participants will complete the course with a framework and the initial content for a digital marketing plan which they can then implement within their business.
Future Cohort Dates:
Session 1: 14 September 2023
Session 2: 21 September 2023
Session 3: 28 September 2023
Session 4: 5 October 2023
Don’t just take our word for it, hear from our students themselves
Practical Marketing Skills: Claire Clarkson
Practical Marketing Skills: Susan Farrow
How you’re taught
This course is delivered by:
Shamshad has been working as a Marketing Consultant for over 10 years. She works with businesses, charities, local authorities and the NHS helping them to communicate more effectively with their customers and key stakeholders. She creates marketing plans, manages social media, writes blogs and creates email campaigns for her clients. She also supports businesses with training, coaching support and mentoring so they can manage their own marketing.
Di has over 25 years of experience in marketing and market research, working in both agencies and client organisations, which have spanned a wide range of market sectors such as healthcare, retail, food & drink, travel & leisure and finance. She helps them identify and understand their target audiences and design marketing programmes to positively influence their behaviour. Di is the Communications Vice Chair on the CIM Midlands board.
- The role and function of marketing within organisations
- The factors that influence customer behaviour
The Marketing Environment
- The key components of the marketing environment
- How to collect relevant information about the marketing environment
The Marketing Mix
- The concept and elements of the marketing mix
- The application of the marketing mix in different contextual settings
Review and Action Planning
- Review of learnings and their applications in the workplace
- Multiple-choice exam preparation
To be eligible to apply for a place on this course you must be employed by a small or medium business (under 250 employees) in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire.
No previous qualifications or experience is needed to access this course.
If you have any queries about this course, please email: PracticalMarketingSkills@ntu.ac.uk.
If this course is of interest but you or your company do not meet the eligibility criteria for a funded place, please contact us to find out about dates for other occurrences.